Snap and Mojiworks have announced that half a billion orders have been served in its game, Ready Chef Go!, that’s exclusively available on Snapchat. In the game, friends play together to out-cook other teams of Snapchatters in quick rounds of up to 90 seconds, adding upgrades and ad-driven boosts to get ahead of competing chefs.
Ready Chef Go! was launched on 19 December, and has served over half a billion in-game orders over its first month. The game is now available to players worldwide.
Mojiworks is the first third-party developer to launch a game featuring 3D Bitmojis. In Ready Chef Go!, players team up to prove that they’re the best Bitmoji chefs – brought to life through the 3D version of their avatars.
The game currently includes six restaurant modes that are available at different times of day, and their short development cycles allow a lot of scope for seasonal modes and spontaneous in-game events. Mojiworks is currently working on new modes, progression elements and friend-oriented perks for early 2020.
Mojiworks CEO Matthew Wiggins says: “We think the best place for games is where your friends are, so it’s a joy to make Ready Chef Go! for Snapchat. The Snap Games platform features enabled us to create a wonderfully ‘friend-y’ feeling game with a generous pinch of Bitmoji charm. We’re thrilled that Chef has been so well received and loved by players, and we’re excited to forge ahead with the fantastic team at Snap Games on this and future projects.”
Snap’s Head of Games Partnerships John Imah says: “Our focus has always been on serving our community with fantastic gaming experiences you can share with your friends, and Ready Chef Go! is a great addition to our line-up. It’s fair to say that it has been a hit so far with Snapchatters, and Mojiworks has proven it was the perfect partner to make the first third-party game involving 3D Bitmoji. We’re really looking forward to developing this partnership going forward.”
All Snap Games are designed for high-fidelity mobile gameplay between friends. Launched last April, Snap Games features a curated selection of both first and third-party titles.
Ready Chef Go! is the sixth third-party title to launch on Snap Games, a gaming platform built on the powerful PlayCanvas game engine. Snapchatters can tap the rocket icon to get to Snap Games directly from a Snapchat conversation, and chat with friends as they play.
Battle Axe headed for consoles and PC
A Kickstarter game called Battle Axe is set to be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC, Mac, and Linux.
Numskull Games has announced it will be publishing Battle Axe, a pixel-art arcade adventure game, for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, and Linux.
Currently live on crowdfunding site Kickstarter, having smashed its £40,000 goal with still three days to go, Battle Axe grabs one’s attention with its gorgeous pixel artwork and high-octane top-down action.
Lead designer at Numskull Games, Henk Nieborg, says: “Numskull Games brought a real passion to the table when they saw our plans for Battle Axe, with the team they’re personally invested in this sort of classic-style game. We recognised they were the right publishing partner to put Battle Axe in people’s hands and we’re especially excited with the opportunity to see our games at retail.”
Numskill games provided the following features:
- Veteran team: developed by a highly experienced small team, including designer Henk Nieborg (Lionheart, Shantae: Risky’s Revenge, Contra 4, Xeno Crisis), composer Manami Matsumae (Mega Man, Final Fight, Shovel Knight), and programmer Mike Tucker (Super House of Dead Ninjas, Xeno Crisis)
- Pixel art fun – an adventure for pixel art enthusiasts, with gorgeously designed characters and environments to enjoy
- Hack n’ slash adventure – classic gameplay will feel familiar yet revitalised,thanks to new gameplay elements, improved controls, detailed pixel art & animations, and a superb soundtrack by legendary composer Manamii Matsumae
- Inspired by the classics – inspired by genre classics like Gauntlet and Golden Axe
- Solo or co-op – choose from three highly-detailed heroes to embark with on your quest, playing alone or with a friend in local co-op
A release date for Battle Axe has not yet been announced.
Spirit of the North comes to Switch and PC
A Nordic-inspired adventure game, Spirit of the North, will be released on PC and Nintendo Switch later this year.
Merge Games have announced a partnership with Infuse Studio to bring the emotional exploration-puzzle adventure, Spirit of the North, to Nintendo Switch and PC later this year.
Spirit of the North is a single-player, 3rd-person adventure game inspired by the breath-taking and mysterious landscapes of Iceland. The story takes root from various pieces of Nordic folklore.
Breathe in the surroundings to solve various puzzles and speculate the meaning of a lost ancient civilisation. With the help of a companion, shed light on the ruins of the past and overcome obstacles.
Play as an ordinary red fox whose story becomes entwined with the guardian of the Northern Lights, a female spirit fox. As players journey over the mountains and under red-stained skies, they will discover more about their companion and a land left in ruin. Traverse tundra, glaciers, and mountainsides as they follow a foreboding scarlet trail that paints the sky.
- Make your way across stunning landscapes, on an emotionally stirring journey.
- Solve environmental puzzles to change the world around you, using ancient powers bestowed upon you by the guardian of the Northern Lights.
- Follow the mysterious Spirit Fox across a land left in ruin as you discover more about a lost civilization.
- Moving orchestral soundtrack featuring 14 original compositions.
To find out more about the game, visit here: mergegames.com/spirit-of-the-north