Mortal Kombat 11 announcements included:
- UFC champion, Olympic medalist and WWE superstar Ronda Rousey
wasannounced as the voice of Sonya Blade.
- First Gameplay Reveal Trailer (above) featuring an original music track created in collaboration with international DJ Dimitri Vegas, titled “You’re Next.”
- Introduction to the Story Mode, teasing the all-new, time-bending narrative, featuring Kronika, the first female boss character in Mortal Kombat history, who is the Keeper of Time and creator of existence.
- Announced new fighter Geras, a powerful and loyal servant of Kronika, who is able to manipulate time, along with fan-favourite characters, including Baraka, Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sonya Blade and Sub-Zero.
- A montage of Mortal Kombat’s most iconic feature, Fatalities, showcasing the most gruesome, over-the-top Fatalities in Mortal Kombat history.
- Mortal Kombat 11-inspired Under Armour Anatomix Spawn basketball footwear showcased via six custom designs by top sneaker artist and MK Kollective ambassador Mache.
- The game is available for pre-order on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One to receive access to the beta, available on 28 March. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character
Superhot launches on Nintendo Switch
Blurring the lines between cautious strategy and unbridled mayhem, Superhot is the first-person shooter (FPS) in which time moves only when players move.
Click below to watch the trailer and to read about the game.
No regenerating health bars. No conveniently placed ammo drops. It’s just the player, outnumbered and outgunned, grabbing weapons off fallen enemies to shoot, slice, and manoeuvre through a hurricane of slow-motion bullets.
With its stylised graphics, the game finally adds something new to the FPS genre. Superhot’s polished, minimalist visual language helps players focus on what’s most important – the fluid gameplay and the cinematic beauty of the fight.
The game took thirty months to make, meaning thousands of hours were put into development and design. From its humble origins in the 7 Day FPS game jam, through a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign, to an array of awards and nominations from industry experts, Superhot is a labour of love by its independent, dedicated team and thousands of backers from all around the globe.
It has the following features:
• Endless Mode – how long can you last against unyielding waves of enemies?
• Challenge Mode – take on Superhot with your bare hands, no restarts, timed runs, and more.
• Extras – delve further into Superhot with mini-games, ASCII art, and [redacted].
The game is available now on the Nintendo Switch eShop for R150.
New Borderlands 3 game modes announced
At Gamescom 2019 this week, Gearbox Software creative director Paul Sage, in conversation with Geoff Keighley, announced two new Borderlands 3 game modes.
Click below to watch the announcement and to read more about the game.
Vault Hunters, prepare for Borderlands 3. The game tests a player’s skills to score some top-tier loot in the crucibles of the new Proving Grounds and the returning Circle of Slaughter arenas.
Borderlands 3 is a story-driven, non-stop galactic thrill-ride, filled with colourful characters, epic enemies and boss fights, and billions of guns. In an all-new gameplay trailer released today, Gearbox and 2K show off the game’s unique brand of explosive, irreverent mayhem.
Borderlands 3 launches on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on 13 September.