Mortal Kombat 11 announcements included:
- UFC champion, Olympic medalist and WWE superstar Ronda Rousey
wasannounced as the voice of Sonya Blade.
- First Gameplay Reveal Trailer (above) featuring an original music track created in collaboration with international DJ Dimitri Vegas, titled “You’re Next.”
- Introduction to the Story Mode, teasing the all-new, time-bending narrative, featuring Kronika, the first female boss character in Mortal Kombat history, who is the Keeper of Time and creator of existence.
- Announced new fighter Geras, a powerful and loyal servant of Kronika, who is able to manipulate time, along with fan-favourite characters, including Baraka, Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sonya Blade and Sub-Zero.
- A montage of Mortal Kombat’s most iconic feature, Fatalities, showcasing the most gruesome, over-the-top Fatalities in Mortal Kombat history.
- Mortal Kombat 11-inspired Under Armour Anatomix Spawn basketball footwear showcased via six custom designs by top sneaker artist and MK Kollective ambassador Mache.
- The game is available for pre-order on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One to receive access to the beta, available on 28 March. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character
GRID Autosport for Nintendo Switch
GRID Autosport asserts itself as the first major car racing game to launch on Nintendo Switch. It comes packed with a mix of high-speed thrills, realistic handling and a difficulty level that scales to players’ skills.
Click through to watch the trailer and read about the game.
Players are set to become pro racers as they master the world’s fastest cars to win motorsport’s most prestigious races, from the world-famous Circuit of Spa-Francorchamps to the narrow city streets of Barcelona. All DLCs for the game are included in this version, with 100 cars, 100 circuits and some additional configurations like tilt controls and custom controls.
The game is expected to launch in the second half of this year.
World War Z four-player game
The zombies have returned! World War Z is a four-player co-op, which pits players against relentless swarms of AI zombies. Its new “Players vs. Players vs. Zombie”-mode (PvPvZ) offers a challenging experience, where you must outlive both the living and the dead.
Click here to watch the trailer and read about the game.
What separates PvPvZ in this game from other multiplayer games is the “zombie swarm”, which storms the arena throughout the match and forces players to battle both each other and the undead. It will launch with the following multiplayer modes:
- Scavenge Raid: players race to secure resources across the map to win.
- Vaccine Hunt: players must pick up and hold an object to earn points for the team.
- Swarm Deathmatch: Two teams go head to head in a bitter fight to the end
- Swarm Domination: Capture zones to earn points and win a team victory
- King of the Hill: Capture a single hill, then control it to earn victory points
Powered by Saber’s dynamic Swarm Engine, the game unleashes hundreds of fast-moving, bloodthirsty zombies at a time to create a nail-biting action experience around the world, including New York and Moscow. Play in co-op with up to 3 friends using six classes and an arsenal of deadly weapons, explosives, turrets and traps to demolish the undead menace and survive another day.