A lightsaber and robot are among ten new products aimed at children have been named winners of the 2020 Kids at Play interactive Awards, to be presented at CES in Las Vegas next week.
The winners were announced by Living in Digital Times, the producers of lifestyle technology events at CES in partnership with CTA, and Children’s Technology Review. More than 500 children’s technology products were evaluated and reviewed for the 12th Annual KAPi (Kids at Play Interactive) and only a select few were recognised as the most innovative games, software, devices and apps for educating and entertaining today’s tech fluid children.
The KAPi Award ceremony will take place at CES 2020 in Las Vegas on Thursday, January 9, at 4:30p.m. at the Venetian Hotel, Level 4, Lando Room 4302.
The 2020 winners are:
- Best Overall Technology Toy: Hasbro’s Star Wars Lightsaber Academy Interactive Battle Lightsaber
- Best App: LEGO‘s LEGO DUPLO WORLD
- Best STEM/STEAM Product: Learning Resources’ Coding Critters
- Best Creative Experience: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment’s tori Explorer Pack
- Noteworthy School Product: FableVision Studios’ Keenville
- Pioneer Team: ELENCO
- Legend: David Small and Paul Rago’s Shoot the Moon
- Best Robotics: Educational Insights’ Artie 3000 The Coding Robot
- Judge’s Choice: Nintendo‘s Ring Fit Adventure
- Best Use of Emerging Technology: Virsix’s St. Noire
For the past twelve years, the Kapi awards have identified children’s technology products that raise the bar for innovation and excellence during a 12-month review time. Presenting awards to some of the most deserving people, companies and products in the kids’ tech industry, organizers Robin Raskin, Warren Buckleitner, and Tonda Bunge Sellers coordinate annual events that provide face to face forums for decision-makers to touch base on which products, people, and companies should be honoured for raising the bar of excellence for innovation for kid’s tech.
The 2020 Awards were evaluated by an independent jury of industry and editorial experts under the direction of Warren Buckleitner, Editor of Children’s Technology Review, who looked for products that raised the bar for innovation and design excellence. Meet the winning companies and be amazed by their presentations on 9 January 2020 at 4:30pm at Kids and Family Stage at the Venetian.
Living in Digital Times, Kids At Play Interactive Awards (KAPi), and Children’s Technology Review would like to thank their prestigious team of sponsors and media partners: B8ta, Creativity Inc., TechUp and Romper.
To learn more, visit Kids at Play Awards at https://kapiawards.com/.