Two of the most iconic Resident Evil games, Resident Evil 5 and 6, have been remastered for the Nintendo Switch. The games are both expected to be released tomorrow, 29 October.
Those who have previously purchased Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil, or Resident Evil 4 may be eligible for a 33% discount – depending on region – when pre-purchasing Resident Evil 5 or Resident Evil 6.
This only applies to pre-purchases made on the same Nintendo Account. Those who have purchased Resident Evil Origins Collection on Nintendo Switch can use the download code of Resident Evil for the discount.
One of the most popular Resident Evil games, Resident Evil 5, can now be played on mobile devices. The game stars Chris Redfield and his partner Sheva Alomar, as they venture to the heart of Africa to investigate an outbreak. Featuring single-player and co-op modes, this fully-loaded release includes all previously released DLC (Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape story expansions, Versus mode, extra figures and four costumes), No Mercy mode, and the additional mode “The Mercenaries United,” which combines The Mercenaries and The Mercenaries Reunion for an intense experience.
Blending action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 is a dramatic horror experience. The game spans across various areas of the globe starring multiple playable characters, including new characters specifically added to the remaster. Jump into the fray either solo or up to 4-player co-op in 4 dramatic chapters of the campaign or head into one of the multiple extra modes such as Survivor that pits up to 6-players against one another in a heated battle. This edition includes all DLC, along with two costumes per main character, originally unlockable exclusively through Residentevil.net, that are now unlockable through the game.
SuperEpic to launch limited edition physical edition
The critically-acclaimed indie action game, SuperEpic, will be offering a limited edition physical version of the game with special goodies inside on 20 March.
Numskull Games has announced that SuperEpic, a Metroidvania-style adventure game from indie developer Undercoders, is coming to retail for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on 20 March.
Taking the helm of a raccoon and a burger-eating llama, players embark on a quest to save video games as we know them by ramming into the headquarters of RegnantCorp – a video game development company that controls an Orwellian society by addicting citizens to their free games.
SuperEpic is a non-linear, fast-paced action adventure game, heavy on exploration and combo-based combat. Uncover a conspiracy as you explore a surreal castle-like office full of enemies, challenges, secrets, and corporate pigs.
The SuperEpic: Badge Collector’s Edition includes a physical copy of the game for either PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch, as well as a collector’s display box featuring 6 high quality pin badges, based on characters from the hit indie game.
The game is limited to 5,000 copies on the Nintendo Switch and 3,000 copies on the PS4, so this is sure to be a sought-after collector’s item.
Continuing the satirical theme on microtransactions, levelling and powering up is based on an in-game economy system (there aren’t any real-life microtransactions, of course)
Numskull games provided the following information on features:
- Two game modes – play a classic single-player story mode with handcrafted levels, or a rogue-like mode which procedurally generates the game map to make each run completely different
- Cross-media experience – hidden QR codes launch mini-games to play on your mobile when scanned, uncovering secrets in the main game
- 8 hours of gameplay – a first run on the story mode will take roughly 8 hours, but the procedural mode provides endless fun
- 16-bit era graphics – super fluid animations and spectacular bosses, all represented in gorgeous ‘Neo-Geo’-esque 16-bit pixel art
- Original storyline and soundtrack – a story featuring unique, strong characters with plenty of humour and personality, and a soundtrack from SonoTrigger (‘Rise & Shine’, ‘Blue & Bullets’, ‘Supermagical’)
- Completionists – tons of achievements & secrets to unlock for completionists
- Micro-transaction satire – satirises modern gaming practices, with a huge enterprise run by greedy business-pigs which has gradually replaced all the fun in video games with adaptative and addictive algorithms to control people’s minds
- Latest patch on disc/cartridge – the latest update, which includes improvements to the map system, are included on the physical versions for collectors and preservationists
SuperEpic is available digitally on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC now. The Badge Collector’s Edition & standard physical edition for PS4/Switch are available stores including Geek Store, Amazon, and Game UK on 20 March.
TikTok and WEF promote inclusion
TikTok, the short-video platform for smartphones, has launched a challenge to promote inclusion and diversity during the World Economic Forum meeting in Davos this month.
TikTok, the leading destination for short-form mobile video, has launched a #AllTheDifference challenge in collaboration with the World Economic Forum, to promote inclusion and diversity while leaders of state and business meet in Davos to discuss inclusive societies.
The challenge started on 21 January and will end on 27 January, so TikTok users in 75+ global markets, including South Africa, are invited to celebrate inclusion and diversity by joining the #AllTheDifference challenge. An “I say” sticker will be available to help TikTok users express themselves bravely and creatively.
As a platform to inspire creativity and bring joy, TikTok hopes to celebrate the differences that make up its diverse community, why their voices need to be heard and the efforts they have made to make the world a more tolerant place.
Lawyer, activist, and model Thando Hopa has joined the challenge by posting a video using the “I Say” sticker, to highlight how being unique is larger than life and future-proof.
Popular TikTok creators, @kelly_kikx and @aaron_perry, have also joined the challenge to showcase what being unique and defying the odds means to them. Take a look:
Follow World Economic Forum on TikTok and show us how your stories make #AllTheDifference.