Leading international technology brand Oppo has launched in South Africa and its first smartphone, the Oppo A72, is on sale now from R7 000 or R400 pm x 24 on a contract. The A72 features signature technologies like high quality cameras, fast charging and artificial intelligence (AI) optimisations. The devices come in two finishes: Aurora Purple and Twilight Black.
The device is powered by components from Qualcomm and the full Google suite of services in Android 10. Oppo’s ColorOS is a highly-customised Android-based experience, or skin, that comes with Oppo devices.
Oppo provided the following overview of the main features of the A72:
- 6.5” 1080 Neo-Display: A vivid, uninterrupted, full-HD viewing experience with TÜV Rheinland-certified Eye Care Protection to be less harsh on one’s eyes.
- Flagship-grade Quad Camera: A large 48MP, 1/2” main camera sensor, two portrait style lenses and a 119° ultra-wide angle camera, all enhanced with AI.
- Power for most tasks: The device houses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor with Adreno 610 graphics backed by 4GB LPDDR4X RAM and OPPO HyperBoost hardware acceleration.
- A big battery and fast charging: 5000mAh of battery capacity with 18W fast charge, so that you can spend more time playing and less time charging.
- Premium audio experience: Super-linear dual speakers with Hi-Res Audio support, a 3,5mm headphone jack and Dirac 2.0 enhancement.
The following networks and stores are selling the Oppo A72:
|Vodashop||R399pm||R6 999||Free W11 Earbuds + OPPO Rewards|
|Vodacom Online||R399pm||N/A||Free W11 Earbuds + OPPO Rewards|
|Vodaworld||R399pm||R6 999||Free W11 Earbuds + OPPO Rewards + |
R1000 Vodaworld Voucher
|Chatz||R399pm||R6 999||Free W11 Earbuds + OPPO Rewards|
|Vodacom 4U||R399pm||R6 999||Free W11 Earbuds + OPPO Rewards|
|Celllucity||R399pm||R6 999||Free W11 Earbuds + OPPO Rewards|
|Hi-online||N/A||R6 999||Free W11 Earbuds + OPPO Rewards|