Respawn is inviting Apex Legends players to the Grand Soirée Arcade Event for two weeks of refined mayhem from 14 to 28 January 28. With a dress code of “formal skins,” the grand celebration lets players partake in a rollicking event with new modes every two days – from Armed and Dangerous to exotic new additions – as well as earn exquisite rewards and shop for an array of Art Deco-inspired cosmetics and outfits.
Below is a recap of all the activities planned during the Grand Soirée Arcade Event:
- Seven Rotating Limited Time Modes – Experience seven different limited-time modes — with a new mode rotating every two days — including familiar favourites like Armed and Dangerous, as well as new modes like Dummie’s Big Day. Each limited-time mode will have three new challenges worth a total of 1,000 points.
- Event Reward Track – This new track system gives players more rewards, as well as more ways to earn. Complete a variety of challenges to rack up Arcade points and earn increasingly prestigious rewards throughout the event.
- Bonus Scoring Weekend – From 8PM SAST on 17 January to 8PM SAST on 20 January, players will be able to grab an additional set of event-specific challenges worth a total of 500 points.
- Direct Purchase Event Shop – Players can shop for a mix of legendary skins, as well as other Art Deco-inspired cosmetics at a $5 price point. Six new Legendary skins will also be added to the core loot pool, which can be crafted or obtained from Apex Packs, or available for direct purchase.
New legendary items in Borderlands 3
The best gear of Borderlands 3 will be much easier to acquire during a time-limited ‘Farming Frenzy’ mini-event, which is currently running, through to 30 January.
Hoping to snag a specific Legendary drop? Still looking to cross some of those rare and exotic enemies off your list? Well, good news, Vault Hunter: for the next two weeks, the Borderlands 3 farming frenzy is on.
Not only will rare enemies be guaranteed to appear, their specific Legendary gear will drop at a higher than normal rate when players defeat them. Additionally, Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite will be more manageable for small squads and solo players, meaning its bosses (and their Legendary loot) will be highly accessible.
2K Games provided these specifics of this limited-time mini-event:
- Rare spawns are guaranteed to appear;
- All enemies with dedicated loot pools (e.g. rare spawns, named bosses, etc.) have a higher chance of dropping Legendary gear from their dedicated loot pool;
- The Anointment rate for that gear has been increased;
- Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite’s difficulty will now scale to match the size of the player party rather than defaulting to four-player difficulty (available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One only).
- These changes went live on 16 January and will be reversed on 30 January. That means players have two weeks of prime loot hunting to kick off the new year, so get out there and level up your arsenal.
These changes went live on 16 January and will be reversed on 30 January. That means players have two weeks of prime loot hunting to kick off the new year, so get out there and level up your arsenal.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore available tomorrow
The Fire Emblem and Altus games have crossed paths to create an epic role-playing gaming being released tomorrow on Nintendo Switch.
The worlds of the Fire Emblem series and Atlus games have crossed paths to create Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore, and the result is coming to the Nintendo Switch on 17 January.
An interdimensional evil has invaded modern-day Tokyo, resulting in this fantastical barrage of music, style – and yes – danger. Players must battle through dungeons to pump up their strategies and creatively decimate their foes before all hope fades to black.
Players and their friends will need to call on their creative power — manifested as iconic Fire Emblem characters — to wage a secret war on rogue spirits that feed on creativity. Each encounter will immerse players in deep, turn-based battles that blend the combat of the Fire Emblem and Atlus RPGs into one brutal harmony. Players must fuse items to craft weaponry; then play to their strengths and crush their foes. Around every corner they’ll find fun nods to multiple fandoms, including Fire Emblem references, dungeons themed to the entertainment industry, and stunning musical performances.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore is being released on the Nintendo Switch tomorrow, 17 January 2020.