All aboard Steamboat Willie to celebrate Mickey Mouse’s birthday! Mickey Mouse fans will love the Lego Ideas Steamboat Willie building toy, marking the 90th anniversary of the most famous cartoon character ever.
Mickey Mouse made his screen debut in a 1928 black-and-white animated short film called Steamboat Willie, which was also the first Disney film to have synchronised sound. This Lego brick version of the S.S. Willie features steam pipes that move up and down and paddle wheels that rotate when the boat is pushed along.
The boat’s bridge has room for a mini-figure and play-inspiring nautical details such as the ship’s wheel, life buoy, and buildable bell. On deck, a working crane lifts the “potato bin” cargo aboard. This unique building set comes with new-for-April-2019 Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse mini-figures, each with special silver-coloured decoration, plus a parrot figure.
The Lego set can be enjoyed by both kids and adults as Lego builders recreate scenes from the original Mickey Mouse cartoon or simply build and display this striking monochrome model.
- This toy building set includes two new-for-April-2019 mini-figures: Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, each with silver-coloured decoration, plus Mickey Mouse’s parrot figure.
- The iconic Steamboat Willie boat features a black-and-white colour scheme, hidden wheels, moving steam pipes, rotating paddle wheels, adjustable crane and assorted elements including the “S.S. Willie” boat name sign, “1928” year sign and a “potato bin”.
- The boat’s bridge has space for a mini-figure, a brick-built bell and assorted elements, including the ship’s wheel and life buoy.
- The two steam pipes move up and down and the two paddle wheels rotate when the boat is pushed along.
- Accessory elements include Minnie Mouse’s guitar and music sheet.
- This Lego Ideas creative toy building set comes with a booklet with building instructions, fun facts about the historic 1928 animated Disney short film Steamboat Willie, and information about this awesome retro set’s fan creator and Lego designers.
- Steamboat Willie toy boat measures over 5” (15cm) high, 10” (26cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
- Includes 751 pieces.
- Recommended for ages 10+.
The Lego set retails for R1400 and can be purchased at the Lego Certified Store in Sandton City, and online at greatyellowbrick.co.za.
Lucifer brings South African flair to US TV
South African actress Lesley-Ann Brandt showed the Netflix series, Lucifer, a little South African when she spoke Afrikaans to a fellow demon.
Click here to watch the trailer, and to read more about the show.
Lucifer is an urban fantasy show on Netflix about the Lord of Hell that is bored and unhappy with his job as torturer of souls. He resigns his throne and abandons his kingdom for the gorgeous, shimmering insanity of Los Angeles, where he gets his kicks helping the LAPD punish criminals.
Lesley-Ann Brandt, who plays one of the demons, spoke some Afrikaans to a fellow demon, and South African Twitter loved it.
The show is available to stream now on Netflix.
Black Mirror reveals episode titles and trailers for upcoming season
As previously announced, Black Mirror Season 5 features three stories from mastermind Charlie Brooker and executive producer Annabel Jones.
Now, episode titles have been revealed, along with trailers for each episode.
Click below to watch the trailers and to read more about the episodes.
A cab driver with an agenda becomes the centre of attention on a day that rapidly spirals out of control.
Cast: Andrew Scott, Damson Idris, Topher Grace
“RACHEL, JACK AND ASHLEY, TOO”
A lonely teenager yearns to connect with her favourite pop star – whose charmed existence isn’t quite as rosy it appears…
Cast: Miley Cyrus, Angourie Rice, Madison Davenport
Two estranged college friends reunite in later life, triggering a series of events that could alter their lives forever.
Cast: Anthony Mackie, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Nicole Beharie, Pom Klementieff, Ludi Lin
The episodes will be available on netflix.com/blackmirror on 5 June.