All aboard Steamboat Willie to celebrate Mickey Mouse’s birthday! Mickey Mouse fans will love the Lego Ideas Steamboat Willie building toy, marking the 90th anniversary of the most famous cartoon character ever.
Mickey Mouse made his screen debut in a 1928 black-and-white animated short film called Steamboat Willie, which was also the first Disney film to have synchronised sound. This Lego brick version of the S.S. Willie features steam pipes that move up and down and paddle wheels that rotate when the boat is pushed along.
The boat’s bridge has room for a mini-figure and play-inspiring nautical details such as the ship’s wheel, life buoy, and buildable bell. On deck, a working crane lifts the “potato bin” cargo aboard. This unique building set comes with new-for-April-2019 Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse mini-figures, each with special silver-coloured decoration, plus a parrot figure.
The Lego set can be enjoyed by both kids and adults as Lego builders recreate scenes from the original Mickey Mouse cartoon or simply build and display this striking monochrome model.
- This toy building set includes two new-for-April-2019 mini-figures: Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, each with silver-coloured decoration, plus Mickey Mouse’s parrot figure.
- The iconic Steamboat Willie boat features a black-and-white colour scheme, hidden wheels, moving steam pipes, rotating paddle wheels, adjustable crane and assorted elements including the “S.S. Willie” boat name sign, “1928” year sign and a “potato bin”.
- The boat’s bridge has space for a mini-figure, a brick-built bell and assorted elements, including the ship’s wheel and life buoy.
- The two steam pipes move up and down and the two paddle wheels rotate when the boat is pushed along.
- Accessory elements include Minnie Mouse’s guitar and music sheet.
- This Lego Ideas creative toy building set comes with a booklet with building instructions, fun facts about the historic 1928 animated Disney short film Steamboat Willie, and information about this awesome retro set’s fan creator and Lego designers.
- Steamboat Willie toy boat measures over 5” (15cm) high, 10” (26cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
- Includes 751 pieces.
- Recommended for ages 10+.
The Lego set retails for R1400 and can be purchased at the Lego Certified Store in Sandton City, and online at greatyellowbrick.co.za.
Superhot launches on Nintendo Switch
Blurring the lines between cautious strategy and unbridled mayhem, Superhot is the first-person shooter (FPS) in which time moves only when players move.
Click below to watch the trailer and to read about the game.
No regenerating health bars. No conveniently placed ammo drops. It’s just the player, outnumbered and outgunned, grabbing weapons off fallen enemies to shoot, slice, and manoeuvre through a hurricane of slow-motion bullets.
With its stylised graphics, the game finally adds something new to the FPS genre. Superhot’s polished, minimalist visual language helps players focus on what’s most important – the fluid gameplay and the cinematic beauty of the fight.
The game took thirty months to make, meaning thousands of hours were put into development and design. From its humble origins in the 7 Day FPS game jam, through a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign, to an array of awards and nominations from industry experts, Superhot is a labour of love by its independent, dedicated team and thousands of backers from all around the globe.
It has the following features:
• Endless Mode – how long can you last against unyielding waves of enemies?
• Challenge Mode – take on Superhot with your bare hands, no restarts, timed runs, and more.
• Extras – delve further into Superhot with mini-games, ASCII art, and [redacted].
The game is available now on the Nintendo Switch eShop for R150.
New Borderlands 3 game modes announced
At Gamescom 2019 this week, Gearbox Software creative director Paul Sage, in conversation with Geoff Keighley, announced two new Borderlands 3 game modes.
Click below to watch the announcement and to read more about the game.
Vault Hunters, prepare for Borderlands 3. The game tests a player’s skills to score some top-tier loot in the crucibles of the new Proving Grounds and the returning Circle of Slaughter arenas.
Borderlands 3 is a story-driven, non-stop galactic thrill-ride, filled with colourful characters, epic enemies and boss fights, and billions of guns. In an all-new gameplay trailer released today, Gearbox and 2K show off the game’s unique brand of explosive, irreverent mayhem.
Borderlands 3 launches on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on 13 September.