Following three years’ worth of content updates and gameplay enhancements, Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team shooter comes to the Nintendo Switch system. The game features a cast of 31 heroes and counting, and a variety of casual and competitive game modes set across 28 locations around the world.
Nintendo Switch players who join the fight for the future can experience all the additions that Overwatch has seen to date. These include the game’s 31st hero, Sigma, an eccentric astrophysicist with the ability to control gravity; Havana, the newest locale; and the Workshop, a powerful game-building tool with which players have already shared hundreds of thousands of creative game modes that are playable across platforms.
Nintendo Switch players can also use the console’s gyroscopic motion controls to experience Overwatch in a new way. By tilting their Joy Con controllers, they can guide Junkrat’s RIP-Tire to achieve maximum mayhem, soar through the skies and rain justice on their enemies as Pharah, and land a Graviton Surge with surgical precision as Zarya.
“The Legendary Edition reflects more than three years of ongoing development on Overwatch, and we can’t think of a better way to introduce the game to Nintendo Switch players,” says J. Allen Brack, president of Blizzard Entertainment. “Whether they’re playing at home or on the go, we’re thrilled to welcome our newest heroes to the ever-evolving Overwatch universe.”
Overwatch Legendary Edition for Nintendo Switch is available now as a boxed version (containing a code to download the game) and digital version via the Nintendo eShop for a suggested price of $39.99. Both versions come with 15 bonus skins—including Police Officer D.Va, Blackwatch Reyes Reaper, and Valkyrie Mercy—as well as a three-month Nintendo Switch Online Individual Membership, which is required for online play.
Overwatch – Game Features
- Play as 31 Heroes – Choose from a diverse and expanding roster of heroes. Zip behind enemy lines as time-jumping Tracer; heal your team from afar with elite sniper Ana’s Biotic Rifle; or manipulate gravity as brilliant astrophysicist Sigma, the latest hero to join the fight.
- Battle Across the World With Your Friends – Capture control points, push payloads, and complete objectives across 28 international locations—wherever you have Internet access, thanks to the portability of the Nintendo Switch system.
- Join Forces in 6v6 Game Modes – Jump into Quick Play to get matched up against players of similar skill, Play Vs. AI in multiple difficulty settings, or put your skills to the ultimate test in Competitive Play to earn seasonal ranks and rewards.
- Discover New Ways to Play – Explore the Arcade or Game Browser to find matches with new rulesets. Unleash your creativity in the Workshop and use powerful scripting tools to build elaborate custom games that can be shared and played on any platform.
- More to Come – Overwatch Legendary Edition on Nintendo Switch will continue to be updated with new content, including the game’s limited-time seasonal modes, and gameplay updates.
To learn more about Overwatch Legendary Edition on Nintendo Switch, visit the official website at playoverwatch.com/nintendo-switch.
Product of the Day2 weeks ago
Naspers invests R42-m in public transport
Product of the Day2 weeks ago
Opera launches Hype in SA
People 'n' Privacy2 weeks ago
POPI is NOT coming to get you
People 'n' Issues2 weeks ago
Loyalty points get tax break
Stream of the Day2 weeks ago
E3: What to expect from Ubisoft Forward
Cybersecurity2 weeks ago
Biometrics set to replace passwords
AppDate1 week ago
AppDate: Kaspersky teaches kids digital ethics
Cybersecurity1 week ago
Defend yourself from doxing