French independent developer Tactical Adventures has announced that its new project, Solasta: Crown of the Magister, is coming to Steam. The game embraces the ruleset of Dungeons and Dragons, the world’s greatest role-playing game, where a player’s choice dynamically changes the adventure. The journey begins with creating a team of four explorers, selecting their race, class, background story, rolling for abilities, and personal stats. Players journey through the mystical realms of Solasta, unravelling a story that spans multiple worlds.
The dynamic and mysterious world of Solasta features new elements of verticality, allowing players to use their surroundings as an element of strategy. Players can position ranged characters on high vantage points or send their thieves down into shafts and caverns to scope out what’s ahead. Utilise light as a tool to explore the depths and hollows of dungeons or use it as a weapon against the creatures of the dark. Solasta is a team-based adventure where each character plays a critical role in the campaign and can be a hero. Players must take advantage of each character’s strengths and weaknesses if they are to succeed.
Players will have the opportunity to get in on the adventure before it even starts when Tactical Adventures launches its Kickstarter campaign at the end of summer. Players will be able to back Solasta: Crown of the Magister on Kickstarter and link arms with the developers, joining the Solasta community and being rewarded for doing so!
“Tactical Adventures is a small team comprised of Tabletop gamers, many of whom have been playing pen and paper games as well as D&D videogames for over 30 years,” says Mathieu Girard, founder of Tactical Adventures and Creative Director of the game. “We have always dreamed of creating our own game, so we set out to create Solasta, taking the best elements of our favourite games and enhancing and building upon them. Additionally, we have added new features such as light, verticality, team-based adventure, dice rolls, etc. We are using the actual rulesets from Tabletop games to finally bridge the gap between Pen and Paper and videogames.”
Tactical Adventures provided the following information on features:
- Verticality: Solasta is a three-dimensional world rather than a series of flat maps. Locations can be explored by climbing walls, flying, teleporting, crawling through tunnels, finding secret passages, or falling through the unstable ground, and allow the player to use the environment to take on encounters in multiple different ways.
- Team-Based Adventure: Players will have many options to choose races, classes, backgrounds, and can even roll for stats as they create their party. All members are essential – together players will adventure through Solasta as a group, where they must work together in pursuit of the quest.
- Tactical CRPG: Each encounter can be handled in multiple ways. Will you use the high ground to strike your enemies from above as a Darkweaver Rogue, or shove your enemies into deep chasms as a Mountaineer Fighter? Players choices determine the destiny of your party.
- Created by Tabletop Players: Tactical Adventures is a team of highly experienced Tabletop players and veteran game developers who are passionate about the genre, striving to create the best Tactical RPG videogame
- Kickstarter: Tactical Adventures is giving players the opportunity to be heard by joining the community and backing Solasta on Kickstarter. The campaign will feature a tiered reward system and the team is already working on a demo of the game.
Cyberpunk 2077 coming to Google Stadia
CD Projekt Red has announced Cyberpunk 2077 for Google’s Stadia, the cloud-based gaming platform.
Click below to watch the development trailer and to read about the game.
Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. The game follows the story of V, a hired gun on the rise in a world of cyber-enhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners, and corporate life-hackers. Players will be able to customise their character’s cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where their choices shape the story and the world around them.
Winner of over 100 awards at E3 2018, Cyberpunk 2077 is set in the universe of the classic pen & paper RPG system, Cyberpunk 2020.
Cyberpunk 2077 will release on 16 April 2020 for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The Google Stadia version will also launch in 2020, with additional details still to be made available.
For more information regarding the game, visit cyberpunk.net.
OhShape – VR rhythm game now in Early Access
OhShape is a fast-paced VR game where players have to dodge obstacles following the rhythm of the beat.
Click below to watch the trailer and to read more about the game.
Players perform different poses to go through silhouettes trimmed on walls that come towards them at a rising speed. Players also have to step away, crouch, punch blocks and catch power-ups. With upbeat soundtracks, OhShape tests reflexes and skill while exercising.
In order to reach the best quality, the game designers teamed up with professional choreographers who modeled and performed the movements for each level, achieving a satisfying experience for all kinds of players. OhShape features an initial set of songs, with periodic updates including tracks, themes, and game modes.
OhShape is now available as an Early Access title on Steam and Oculus. This release will be followed up by versions for Oculus Quest and PSVR later this year.
- Singular gameplay with a mix of kinesthetic movements and music.
- Soundtracks with all rhythms and styles.
- Feel the moves of a real dancer.
- Levels designed by professional choreographers.
- 3 Difficulty modes per track, suitable for all kinds of players.
- Global and local leaderboards.
- Dynamic cardio exercise.
OhShape comes at a reduced price to make it accessible to more players while the final version of the game is expected to come out in the last quarter of 2019.