RAVPower claims the GaN charger is one of the most innovative chargers on the market. It utilises more-efficient gallium nitride for super-fast power delivery. Despite its advanced technology, it is one of the thinnest fast chargers on the market, at 14mm thick.
It features universal compatibility to power the majority of fast-charge ready devices up to 2.5x faster than most of those available.
GaN electronics are far more efficient, generate less waste heat, and can sustain higher voltages than traditional silicon components. RAVPower harnessed the potential of GaN technology, provided by Navitas Semiconductor, to develop their thinnest wall charger yet. This space-saving model packs in advanced charging properties without sacrificing performance.
Amazon launches new Fire 7 tablet
Amazon has announced the next generation of its Fire 7 tablets. The tablet is available for pre-order in the US, and is expected to launch on 6 June.
Click below to read more about the tablet.
Amazon has announced its Fire 7 tablet, built from the ground up for entertainment. The new tablet features a faster processor; 16 GB of internal storage for users to enjoy more videos, music, games, and books on-the-go; and hands-free access to Alexa.
The tablet will cost $50 and is available in Black and 3 new colours: Sage, Plum, and Twilight Blue. As an introductory offer, customers who preorder the tablet before June 6 will receive a $10 credit to buy apps and games from the Amazon Appstore.
“Fire 7 is our best-selling tablet with tens of millions sold,” said Kevin Keith, vice president of Amazon Devices. “For under $50, we’re making it even better for customers with a faster processor and twice the storage, so customers can enjoy even more of their favorite entertainment at home and on-the-go. And, with hands-free access to Alexa on Fire 7, it’s never been easier to get the news, find a recipe, play music, and more.”
The Fire 7 includes:
- Faster processor—With a quad-core 1.3 GHz processor, quickly switch between apps, stream movies, and browse the web.
- 2x the storage—Fire 7 is now available with 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage, plus support for up to 512 GB of expandable storage via microSD card.
- Alexa hands-free—When connected to Wi-Fi, users can ask Alexa to check the basketball score, get a recipe, watch a movie, and more – using voice command, even when your screen is on standby.
- Crisp and vivid display—Amazon’s lightest tablet features a high quality 7” IPS display for accurate colour reproduction that looks good at all angles.
- Durability—As measured in tumble tests, Fire 7 is two times more durable as the latest iPad mini, and stands up against drops, tumbles, spills, and everyday wear and tear.
- Battery life—Delivers up to 7 hours of reading, listening to music, watching TV shows or movies, and browsing the web.
- Front- and rear-facing cameras—Video chat with friends and family with the HD 720p front-facing camera. Take and share photos and save them for later with free, unlimited cloud storage.
- Fast Wi–Fi connectivity—Dual-band Wi-Fi support for seamless video streaming.
- Amazon-exclusive features—ASAP, For You, X-Ray, Second Screen, Amazon FreeTime, Family Library, Blue Shade, On Deck, Prime Video downloads, and more. For more information, click here.
- Amazon FreeTime—With award-winning parental controls, parents can use Amazon FreeTime to create child profiles to limit screen time, set educational goals, and manage content. FreeTime is free on every Fire tablet—or subscribe to Amazon FreeTime Unlimited to access over 20,000 titles.
- Screen Sharing—Let an Amazon expert guide you remotely through any feature on your screen, available 24×7, 365 days a year—for free.
The new Fire 7 comes in Black, Sage, Plum, and Twilight Blue and costs $50. Cases for the tablet are available in Charcoal Black, Sage, Plum, Twilight Blue, and Desert Orange, can stand in both landscape and portrait orientations, and retail for $25.
In addition to the Fire 7, Amazon has introduced the Fire 7 Kids Edition, available for pre-order for $100. More information is available at www.amazon.com/Fire7KidsEdition.
Canon launches new instant cameras
Canon has released two instant cameras, the Canon Zoemini S and C, which print 5 x 7.5cm sticker photos.
Click below to read more about the new cameras.
Building on the success of the original Canon Zoemini, which launched in 2018, a new product range of all-in-one instant camera printers offers pocket-sized companions for encouraging creativity with easy-to-print, peel-and-stick photos on the go.
The Canon Zoemini S is ideal for those wanting to capture, print, and share their holiday adventures, a spontaneous selfie, photos with friends, or an Instagram-worthy plate of food. It consists of an eight-megapixel camera, front-mounted mirror, ring-light and remote shutter capability.
It comes in three stylish finishes – rose gold, matte black and pearl white – and fits seamlessly into the palm of a hand, pocket or backpack for convenient portability.
Both cameras shoot and print mini photos in a matter of moments on 2×3-inch (5 x 7.6cm) Zink sticky-backed photo paper.
The Canon Zoemini S is supported by the Canon Mini Print App (iOS/Android), which enables users to print their images directly from a smart device using Bluetooth as well as edit from an array of creative filters and frames. Users can also remove the challenge of capturing group selfies, by using the Canon Mini Print App’s remote shutter and self-timer function.
The app enables users to connect withInstagram and Facebook, as well as Google Photos and Dropbox, so they can print physical copies while out and about.
For those seeking a streamlined version of the Zoemini S, the Zoemini C is available without the Canon Mini Print App compatibility and packs a five-megapixel camera, a selfie-supporting reflective mirror and a Micro SD card slot. It is available in four colours: bubble gum pink, bumblebee yellow, mint green, and seaside blue.
Both the Canon Zoemini S and Canon Zoemini C come with 10 sheets of sticky-backed, smudge- and tear-proof Zink printing paper, making it easy to print and decorate anything from a bedroom wall to a fridge or smart device. Additional paper is available to purchase in packs of 20 or 50.
Both models will be available from the end of May 2019 throughout South Africa.