The high-performance compact Leica D-Lux 7 camera features a fast Leica DC Vario-Summilux 10.9–34 mm f/1.7–2.8 ASPH zoom lens, 35mm lens that can simulate 24–75mm zoom.
The fast initial aperture and the range of focal length make the camera versatile in many situations – from portraits and landscapes to architecture, macro close-ups and street photography. With its 17-megapixel resolution and a maximum ISO sensitivity of 25600, the four-thirds sensor of the Leica D-Lux 7 is also ideal for capturing images in low ambient light with natural colours and fine rendition of details.
The camera has been extended with numerous new functions and features, such as a touchscreen display, Bluetooth connectivity and USB charging capabilities.
The critically-acclaimed features of the Leica D-Lux line come with this camera, including automatic exposure mode, manual setting options and a range of video functions.
On the back of the Leica D-Lux 7, a 1.24-megapixel 3“ LCD touchscreen display not only makes the assessment of pictures much easier, but also allows direct touchscreen controls. For example, in addition to menu control, the focusing point can be set with a tap on the screen and pictures can be taken without having to touch any of its other controls.
Improvements to the camera’s hardware also include various additions to its range of functions. For example, the focal point of an exposure can be changed after shooting. Several exposures with different focal points can be superimposed on each other and merged with the aid of Focus Stacking, for instance to create a greater depth of focus in macro exposures. The camera’s capabilities have also been expanded to include video recording in 4K resolution, at a frame rate of up to 30 frames per second and 100 Mbit and in MP4 and AVCHD-format.
The Leica D-Lux 7 is the first camera of the D-Lux line that can be used together with the Leica FOTOS App. This enables remote control of the camera from a smartphone and wireless transfer of pictures from the Leica D-Lux 7 to iOS or Android devices for assessment. Photographers can then use numerous options for sharing their pictures directly in social media or after processing them with an image editing or postprocessing app.
The camera sports Leica’s classic look and users can choose from a collection of equally stylish and practical accessories, such as leather cases, high-quality carrying straps and a practical handgrip.
Lenovo releases affordable digital smartwatch
Lenovo has launched an affordable new digital smartwatch in India. Bridging the gap between smartphones and wearables, the EGO offers comprehensive health and fitness features while offering some services of a smartphone.
Click here to read more about the budget smartwatch.
The new EGO smartwatch has core features like 20 days battery life, 24/7 heart-rate monitor, scientific sleep monitor, and is water resistant up to 50 meters, allowing it to be used as a swim tracker. It also has smart features like remote camera, and vibrating notifications.
Commenting on the launch, Sebastian Peng, Head of Lenovo MBG Ecosystem said: “Wearable technologies have emerged as the next big consumer electronics market in India and is expected to grow at a fast pace. With Lenovo EGO, we aim to acquire a 15% share of India’s market and establish a fitness network encouraging people to be fitter, healthier and happier. Lenovo EGO brings a full-featured digital smartwatch with extensive compatibility across mobile platforms, long lasting battery and ultimate remote camera feature providing a better fitness experience to consumers.”
Lenovo EGO is priced at $29 and is available on Flipkart and Croma.
Lenovo provided the following information on features:
- Heart rate monitor: Lenovo EGO has 24 hours real-time heart rate monitoring. Amid activities like cycling, running and other exercises, it tests heart rate 24/7.
- Scientific sleep-tracking: With the given amount and quality of sleep having a huge impact on our lives, this digital smartwatch accurately tracks your sleep patterns and helps you to set a sleep schedule and assess how well are you sleeping.
- Smart notifications: With numerous smartphone notifications, this digital smartwatch extends vibrating smart notifications and alerts ranging from phone calls, emails, text messages, and other social media apps.
- Swim tracking: With water resistance up to 50 meters, EGO can be used to record your laps, calories burnt and stroke style in the pool.
- Long lasting battery life: On a single charge, the battery on the EGO lasts for 20 days helping you to track your daily activities throughout the day.
- Remote camera: A smart feature that helps you to take a picture with a single tap on the display screen of the smartwatch. If your phone is in the hands of another person, you can easily click a picture from this digital smartwatch.
- Compatibility: Lenovo EGO is compatible with all iOS and Android smartphones. All you need to do is to download the Lenovo Life app and connect the digital smartwatch.
- Alarm clock: A loud alarm clock may or may not be ignored while sleeping. Need that extra kick to get out of bed? Swap a loud audio-based alarm with vibration-based alarm and wake up on time.
- Lightweight with a sporty look: Lenovo EGO weighs 45g making it comfortable to wear. With durable black rubber buckle strap, this digital smartwatch remains safely strapped on your wrist even in the most demanding exercises. Furthermore, it has a 42mm anti-shine reflective display and night light mode.
Vox launches customised firewall service for SMEs
In light of the growing number of cyber threats facing modern organisations, integrated ICT and infrastructure provider Vox has announced the launch of a Managed Firewall Service aimed specifically at South Africa’s small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Click below to read more about the firewall service.
Companies targeted by ransomware have to pay between R50 000 and R150 000, and most small businesses pay up rather than lose all their information – be it financial data, customer data, billing records and more.
The risk is greater in the SME segment of the market. While corporates can prioritise security at the C-Suite level, these smaller companies often do not have the relevant experts within the organisation to set and enforce security policies and procedures, and need the expertise of a third-party to protect them.
“We have customised a Fortinet solution so that it can be made available at a competitive price point to smaller businesses,” says Craig Freer, Executive Head for Cloud and Managed Services at Vox. “They will now have access to best of breed technology from a global company that is at the forefront of innovation in cybersecurity.”
Fortinet’s leadership in security has been recognised by a favourable Gartner Magic Quadrant ranking for over a decade, and local SMEs will now have access to some of the best firewall technology on the market.
Customers further get access to comprehensive reporting capabilities that allow them to make informed business decisions around security, particularly around user behaviour and their environment.
Freer said: “Apart from just monitoring for, and protecting an organisation from external cyber threats, a well-monitored firewall will also help better manage network usage and data consumption, which is especially vital for small businesses that often have to make do with connections that offer lesser bandwidth.”
The firewall solution for SMEs is also available as part of a managed service. In this instance, Vox will ensure that certified firewall engineers set up policies that are correct, comprehensive, and well enforced, in order to protect the business’s data and network. This includes crafting a strategy for what an organisation should do in case a breach occurs.