HP has announced its range of OMEN high-end notebooks and PCs which are designed for gaming enthusiasts as they feature fluid graphics, immersive sounds and thermal cooling to keep things running smoothly – even when playing the most demanding of games.
HP today announced the OMEN portfolio, a range of high-end, high-powered laptops and PCs built exclusively for gamers needing the performance to take on competition.
As part of the company’s strategy to reinvent personal systems, says the company, it is introducing a unified gaming portfolio based on OMEN by HP with a range of options spanning different price points to meet the various needs of gamers today. The new portfolio makes it easier to find the right platform to deliver the best possible experience for mainstream gamers. In short, says HP, “it’s for the gamer who wants even more aggressive performance with enthusiast-level customisation options”.
This OMEN by HP gaming PCs feature a family of three devices built to maximize gamers’ experience. The OMEN laptops are designed to deliver an immersive experience to compliment the laptops’ smooth performance. The 15.6” and 17.3” diagonal OMEN laptops are available in Full HD and 4K IPS display options to enhance gameplay with true-to-life visuals. Sound effects are crisp and clear with expert audio tuning by Bang & Olufsen and HP Audio Boost technology for added depth on dual speakers.
“We created OMEN by HP for gamers who need their PC to deliver a great experience while also allowing them the flexibility to choose the level of performance and design that fits their needs,” said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, consumer personal systems, HP. “The new OMEN platform offers the features gamers rely on – power for battling on the go, graphics for smooth gameplay and advanced thermal cooling to tackle the latest games. The OMEN by HP delivers gamers what they need to strike first, and last.”
HP Provided the following information:
The OMEN by HP line-up includes:
· OMEN Laptops: Equipped with powerful hardware and stunning 4K displays, the 15.6” and 17.3” diagonal gaming laptops deliver winning performance.
· OMEN Desktop: Combines liquid cooling with the latest Intel Core processors, NVIDIA GeForce GTX and AMD Radeon graphics to deliver performance that is VR certified to power Vive by HTC.
OMEN Laptops Engineered for Gaming
Featuring a Dragon Red backlit keyboard with OMEN branding on the keyboard deck and on the black shadow mesh laptop lid, the OMEN laptops run cool with a dual fan design to maintain top performance. The 62 watt battery sits flat and towards the front of the machine to allow more cooling surface area and airflow for thermal management without sacrificing performance. Powerful NVIDIA GTX 965M graphics (on select models) and up to 6th Generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processors equip gamers for any challenge or challenger.
Other features include:
• Wide Vision HD Camera or optional Intel RealSense Camera for 3D experiences and to enable gesture control apps to interact with the PC when gaming.
• Up to 16GB of memory and up to 512GB PCIe SSD or up to 2TB for single storage options or dual storage options with up to 2TB HDD and 128GB SSHD on select models.
• HP Fast Charge and up to 10 hours of battery life on select models.
OMEN by HP Desktop Certified for Virtual Reality and Offers Latest NVIDIA Graphics
Engineered with the power and tuning for virtual reality, the OMEN Desktop features the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics to perfect the gaming experience. The unlocked Intel Core i7 processor delivers the performance required to keep up with the most demanding games and VR experiences. Optional liquid cooling, an advanced thermal system, keeps it running quiet and cool to virtually eliminate video lag time. The OMEN Desktop is upgradeable with tool-less access to the hardware to allow gamers to crank up gaming power with customizability.
The OMEN Desktop features the new OMEN logo on its signature vertical design with a brushed-metal chassis and HP LED Lighting that reacts to performance levels depending on customization by the gamer.
Other features include:
• Intel Core i7-6700K processors with overclocking capabilities in select models.
• Up to 32GB memory and ample storage with up to 512GB SSD and up to 3TB of HDD to host a massive amount of large format VR games and content.
• Options up to NVIDIA GTX 1080 Founder Edition or AMD Radeon R9 390X graphics cards, offering better frame rates at increased resolution.
Pricing and Availability
· The 15.6” diagonal OMEN Laptop is currently available in retail for R36,999.00