Megarom Interactive has announced a partnership with McFarlane Toys to release a range of Fortnite premium collectible action figures at Comic Con Africa 2019.
The new Fortnite branded collection will feature seven-inch premium figures, inspired by top character skins across the game’s universe and modelled from in-game assets. Each figure has over 22 moving parts for increased pose-ability as well as their own back bling, weapon, and pickaxe.
The McFarlane Toys Fortnite collection will be on display and available for purchase from the Fortnite Merchandise Store in Hall 5, stand H03, at Comic Con Africa 2019.
The collection will be available from these participating retailers across South Africa at the end of September:
- Toy Kingdom
- Dark Carnival
- Juice bubble
- Local independents
Huawei Watch GT 2 gets SA pricing
Huawei’s Watch GT 2 will be available in South Africa on 17 October, starting from R4999.
The Huawei Watch GT 2 marks another big improvement in helping users promote healthy living.
It promises an upgraded user experience and battery life due to the device’s ultra-low power consumption capability.
To promote this new innovative smartwatch, Huawei has a pre-order special currently running on its e-commerce store. Users who purchase the Watch GT 2 from 7 to 17 October will receive a free pair of Huawei FreeLace earphones (valued at R2 499). The sporty 46 cm variant, priced at R4,999, will be available on 17 October.
Some of the useful features of the HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 include:
- A 3D glass screen, creating a wider, borderless display.
- Ultra-low power consumption application processor and a separate power management unit.
- Bluetooth calls with phonebook functionality so users can save friends’ contact information on the watch.
- Music playback functionalities, with a large storage capacity of up to 500 mp3 songs.
- In daily use, the 46mm variant can operate continuously for up to two weeks – with both the intelligent heart rate monitor and call notification functions on; weekly usage of up to 10 hours of Bluetooth calling; up to 24 hours of music playback; and up to 30 hours GPS running non-stop.
- In the sports mode, it is compatible with 15 sports, including eight outdoor sports (running, walking, climbing, hiking, trail running, cycling, open water, triathlon) and seven indoor sports (walking, running, cycling, swimming pool, free training, elliptical machine, rowing machine). The watch provides targeted pre-exercise data analysis, data recording analysis during the exercise and professional advice afterwards.
- Monitoring of sleep quality, real-time heart rate and sleep breathing quality. Huawei TruSleep 2.0 uses big data analysis to rate sleep quality, analyse sleep problems and provide sleep improvement suggestions.
Go to https://huaweistore.co.za/ to purchase your HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 now and take advantage of the pre-order special offer before 17 October.
Gadget covered this smartwatch in more detail here.
AR Smart Glasses offer live language transcription
Vuzix Blade AR smart glasses are set to support real-time multilingual language transcription by using translation services from Zoi Meet.
Vuzix, a leading supplier of Smart Glasses and Augmented Reality (AR) technology and products, has announced the availability of the Zoi Meet real-time transcription app on the Vuzix Blade Smart Glasses, enabling users to receive an instant transcription of what is being said in one of the 12 languages offered.
In May 2019, Verizon provided the first demonstrations of Zoi Meet real-time translation on the Vuzix Blade at its “Verizon Tech Day”, held at its Basking Ridge, NJ, headquarters.
Now, the Zoi Meet service is available as an app on the Vuzix Blade Smart Glasses, allowing for hands-free language translation in which speech is automatically transcribed into text and projected directly onto the display of the headset. This launch is making a debut of the first collaboration on the market to support live multilingual communication through AR Smart Glasses technology.
The Zoi Meet application on the Vuzix Blade can also be connected to any Zoi Meet hosted meeting by entering the meeting PIN code into the application. Using the Zoi Meet application on the Blade meeting attendees can receive real-time language translation during the meeting from any one of 12 supported languages (English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Italian, Polish, Dutch, Arabic, Chinese (simplified), Japanese and Korean) or closed captioning by setting the ‘to’ and ‘from’ languages to the same language.
The Zoi Meet application can also be used to host a local meeting on the Vuzix Blade to transcribe local conversations by accessing the microphone on the Vuzix Blade, which transforms the Vuzix Blade into a live closed captioning device and converts spoken language into text on the display of the Blade. In the closed captioning example, the Zoi Meet app can be set any one of 12 languages such as English to English translation and the Vuzix Blade will translate and display verbal language to text in real-time.
Kevin Oranje, founder of Zoi Meet, says: “In times of rapid digital transformation we feel its key to provide people with the capabilities that allow them to navigate in highly connected, international environments. By enabling the unique Zoi Meet instant transcription service on Vuzix smart glasses we realize our goal of bringing people closer together and unlocking both personal and business opportunities unavailable to them before.”
Paul Travers, president and CEO at Vuzix, says: “The need for seamless communication across languages has never been greater. With this exciting collaboration we mark the breakthrough moment in the AR technology world and bring a great value to our users by offering a truly practical service on our glasses.”
As of today, Zoi Meet service is available to download as an app on the Vuzix App Store, allowing for hands-free language translation in which speech is automatically transcribed into text and projected directly onto the display of the headset.