Bowser rides a horse and Dr Eggman jumps off the high dive. Luigi and Tails go on a quest to free Mario and Sonic from the Tokyo ’64 video game console, where they’ve been trapped as retro 8-bit and 16-bit versions of themselves.
Just in time for the holidays, players can experience these fun, entertaining adventures with family and friends. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 is ready for you to join the party starting today, on Nintendo Switch.
The game includes the following activities:
- Take a Leap of Fun: Jump off the high board, tap some buttons, and nail a splash-free execution in the 10m Platform Diving event with retro-style gameplay. Peach always keeps her crown on too, somehow.
- Paddle, Paddle Mario: In all his 2D, sprite-filled glory, show off Mario’s strong arms as he paddles his way to victory in Kayak.
- Luigi’s On Vacation from Chasing Ghosts: The plumber in green needs a break from all his frightening adventures – for some sharp turns and carving waves in Surfing.
PAX East 2020: Final Fantasy VII remake playable demo
One of the most anticipated remakes in gaming history, Final Fantasy VII, is going to be showcased at PAX East 2020 this week.
Square Enix has revealed plans for an action-packed PAX East 2020 with playable demos, developer panels, exclusive promotions, and special events taking place at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center from 27 February to 1 March.
Among the top attractions will be the Square Enix Booths – #12011 and #15010 – where attendees will be able to play the highly anticipated Final Fantasy VII Remake. Expo goers will have the chance to:
- Play a gameplay demo – Fans can be among the first to experience and get hands-on with the game at the Square Enix booth.
- Signing session – Voice actors Britt Baron (Tifa), John Eric Bentley (Barret), Briana White (Aerith), Erica Lindbeck (Jessie) and Gideon Emery (Biggs) will sign for players on 29 February at 11am – 12pm and 2:30pm – 4pm. They will also be available on 1 March at 11am – 12pm and 3pm – 4pm. A limited number of tickets for the signing session will be available at 10:30 am each morning in the signing session area.
- Epic photo opportunity – Players can have their photo snapped with Cloud’s iconic Hardy Daytona motorcycle.
- Giveaways – double-sided posters featuring the new artwork of the captivating cast of Final Fantasy VII Remake – Cloud, Aerith, Tifa, Barret, and Red XIII will be available at the booth.
Square Enix is hosting the Final Fantasy experiences at Booth #12011 during PAX East 2020.-
PAX East 2020: Baldur’s Gate 3 to livestream latest content
At PAX East 2020 in Boston this week, Larian Studios will host a Baldur’s Gate 3 livestream to show off the story and mechanics players can expect.
At the Penny Arcade Expo East Coast (PAX East) later this week, several gaming studios will be showing off their latest games and ideas, providing expo goers with a sneak peak into what to expect from unreleased games.
Among the gaming studios will be Ireland-based Larian Studios, which will reveal eagerly anticipated gameplay of Baldur’s Gate 3. Larian’s Creative Director Swen Vincke will be playing live on stage with a special guest, revealing more about the story, mechanics, and the answers to much-asked questions.
With seating for 1000 people, expo goers won’t have to worry about finding a space to watch, and for those at home, it will also be streamed on YouTube. Those in attendance will partake in a short, live Q&A where your questions can be asked, and answered.
For those at PAX East, Larian Studios won’t be breaking its traditions, and will be showcasing live gameplay presentations for the week, starting after the live show.
Baldur’s Gate 3 was announced back at E3 last year, and since then Larian has been continuing to grow to 350 people (including outsourcers), and working on new technology and pipelines that allow them to create a next-generation RPG, spanning 100+ hours of content, with all the depth one would expect.
Tune in on 27 February at 22:30 SAST to discover why Larian has been quiet over the past few months, and in which direction the studio is heading.