The new EGO smartwatch has core features like 20 days battery life, 24/7 heart-rate monitor, scientific sleep monitor, and is water resistant up to 50 meters, allowing it to be used as a swim tracker. It also has smart features like remote camera, and vibrating notifications.
Commenting on the launch, Sebastian Peng, Head of Lenovo MBG Ecosystem said: “Wearable technologies have emerged as the next big consumer electronics market in India and is expected to grow at a fast pace. With Lenovo EGO, we aim to acquire a 15% share of India’s market and establish a fitness network encouraging people to be fitter, healthier and happier. Lenovo EGO brings a full-featured digital smartwatch with extensive compatibility across mobile platforms, long lasting battery and ultimate remote camera feature providing a better fitness experience to consumers.”
Lenovo EGO is priced at $29 and is available on Flipkart and Croma.
Lenovo provided the following information on features:
- Heart rate monitor: Lenovo EGO has 24 hours real-time heart rate monitoring. Amid activities like cycling, running and other exercises, it tests heart rate 24/7.
- Scientific sleep-tracking: With the given amount and quality of sleep having a huge impact on our lives, this digital smartwatch accurately tracks your sleep patterns and helps you to set a sleep schedule and assess how well are you sleeping.
- Smart notifications: With numerous smartphone notifications, this digital smartwatch extends vibrating smart notifications and alerts ranging from phone calls, emails, text messages, and other social media apps.
- Swim tracking: With water resistance up to 50 meters, EGO can be used to record your laps, calories burnt and stroke style in the pool.
- Long lasting battery life: On a single charge, the battery on the EGO lasts for 20 days helping you to track your daily activities throughout the day.
- Remote camera: A smart feature that helps you to take a picture with a single tap on the display screen of the smartwatch. If your phone is in the hands of another person, you can easily click a picture from this digital smartwatch.
- Compatibility: Lenovo EGO is compatible with all iOS and Android smartphones. All you need to do is to download the Lenovo Life app and connect the digital smartwatch.
- Alarm clock: A loud alarm clock may or may not be ignored while sleeping. Need that extra kick to get out of bed? Swap a loud audio-based alarm with vibration-based alarm and wake up on time.
- Lightweight with a sporty look: Lenovo EGO weighs 45g making it comfortable to wear. With durable black rubber buckle strap, this digital smartwatch remains safely strapped on your wrist even in the most demanding exercises. Furthermore, it has a 42mm anti-shine reflective display and night light mode.
Wearable adapts body to stress
Apollo Neuroscience has introduced the first wearable that actively helps one’s body beat stress, for better sleep and energy.
While other wearables track the body, Apollo is the first to empower its users to change it by delivering gentle waves of vibration, clinically shown to rapidly restore the body’s natural equilibrium.
Developed by physicians and neuroscientists at the University of Pittsburgh, Apollo’s gentle waves of vibration improve heart rate variability (HRV), a key metric of health and recovery. These “safety signals” help engage the parasympathetic nervous system, resulting in improved heart rate variability (HRV), sleep, focus, calm, energy, and more. Apollo says it works fast to offer users control over their stress.
“Chronic daily stress can have a profound, disruptive effect on our bodies and result in harmful symptoms including insomnia, anxiety-disorders, chronic pain, cognitive dysfunction, and cardiovascular disease,” says Dr David Rabin, co-inventor of the Apollo technology and chief innovation officer and co-founder at Apollo Neuroscience. “Apollo is the only technology that actually improves HRV and accelerates your body’s recovery from stress so you can feel energised, focused, and sleep better.”
Apollo works in tandem with an intuitive app for iOS and Android. Users can choose from a variety of Apollo programs to target and achieve goals in specific areas, including:
- Energy – Gives users a boost of energy when they’re feeling tired and sluggish.
- Focus – Filters out distraction and settles one’s nerves for clear, calm focus.
- Mindfulness – Prepares one for meditation by facilitating connection between mind and body.
- Relaxation – Rapidly relieves stress for deep relaxation.
- Sleep – Quiets the mind and eases one into restful sleep.
- Social – Elevates mood and energy for social situations.
- Recover – Accelerates one’s body’s recovery after a workout.
Apollo has been evaluated clinically in university-led trials, has undergone successful pilots to prevent burnout in the workplace, and has had over 2000 early users, with consistent results across the board. Over 90 percent of users reported enhanced productivity, focus and sleep when using Apollo.
“Many devices track your HRV and monitor your sleep, but do nothing to improve them. That’s where Apollo comes in,” says Kathryn Fantauzzi, chief executive officer and co-founder, Apollo Neuroscience. “We’re delivering the first wearable experience that actively improves your body’s resilience to stress, so you can have more energy, feel more relaxed, and get more sleep. Apollo’s mission is to democratize neuroscience discoveries to empower people to take control of their health.”
Apollo is made in the USA and comes with a one-year warranty. It features a versatile design that can be worn on the wrist or ankle and is available in 2 colors: stealth and silver. Apollo is waterproof, Bluetooth-enabled, and offers a powerful battery with up to three days in between charges.
Apollo is now available for preorder for an all-inclusive price of $199(for a $360 value). Customers receive the Apollo wearable along with access to the free app with seven goal-based programs, new features and software upgrades, exclusive content, and advanced access to new accessories and exclusive discounts. Shipping of the Apollo wearable will commence in January 2020.
Apollo can be purchased directly at apolloneuro.com.
Huawei launches WiFi router with powerline connectivity
The new router by Huawei, the WiFi Q2 Pro, features PLC Turbo technology that sends data signal over power lines for more signal in one’s home.
Huawei has launched a new Wi-Fi router, the Huawei WiFi Q2 Pro, which is the first hybrid home PLC (power line connectivity) and Wi-Fi System. This router reduces common problems experienced with other Wi-Fi routers, such as weak signal strength, poor coverage and slow connection speeds.
The Huawei WiFi Q2 Pro three-pack hybrid utilises both mesh Wi-Fi technology and PLC turbo technology – which combines the best of both worlds. This hybrid consists of a main station and two secondary routers. The secondary stations can be plugged into a wall socket anywhere around the home to cover areas of poor signal and bring full-speed broadband to that location.
Wide-reaching connectivity with PLC Turbo technology
The PLC Turbo technology differs from traditional PLC modems, as it has a three-pin plug, which means the modem is less affected by electromagnetic interference from other household appliances. The Q2 Pro can also monitor interference from neighbouring Wi-Fi networks in real time and automatically switch the user’s Wi-Fi network to channels with the least interference.
In addition, PLC networking addresses the issue that Wi-Fi signal strength decreases significantly when it passes through walls, as PLC networking does not have to go through walls. This can help maintain excellent broadband speeds of up to 200Mps in every corner of the home, reducing frustrations related to a loss of signal and intermittent Wi-Fi coverage when moving around your house.
Simply plug and play for full coverage
The router can be configured through the use of the Huawei AI Life app. Users can plug in the device, and the WiFi Q2 Pro’s secondary routers will automatically sync the Wi-Fi network’s name and password from the base router, ensuring an easier set up.
Users with very large homes, such as bed and breakfast establishments for example, also have the option to further improve the coverage by purchasing additional satellites. One HUAWEI WiFi Q2 Pro base can support up to 15 secondary routers simultaneously.
Triple security protection
It also has advanced security features to protect the user’s home from hackers or people who want to covertly use their Wi-Fi. If someone attempts to crack the user’s Wi-Fi password using brute force cracking software, the router will recognise it and automatically blacklist them.
The router also has a Guest Wi-Fi feature, which operates on a completely different channel to a user’s main Wi-Fi network. This protects a user’s main Wi-Fi connection, as it uses a different SSID and password. Users can also disable their guest Wi-Fi network when their guests leave.
The Huawei WiFi Q2 Pro three-pack hybrid is available for R4,999.