Many at the E3 gaming festival in Los Angeles earlier this month were puzzled why Ubisoft was still supporting the almost 14-year-old Nintendo Wii, in addition to the latest Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Google Stadia. The answer came from a Twitter user @alienaishas, who explained that “many hospitals and rehab centres use the Just Dance games to help patients who have limited mobility due to accident or illness build up strength and muscle tone.”
The Nintendo Wii is also still being used in many schools to increase physical movement during a school day.
It’s great to see Ubisoft’s commitment to including gamers, whether they are users building up strength, or simply on a limited budget.
The following information on features was provided by Ubisoft:
- From chart-topping hits to family favourites, there is something for everyone to have fun in Just Dance.
- Enjoy a wide range of creative universes, designed using new production techniques, never before seen in Just Dance.
- Track your calories burnt, time spent dancing, and keep yourself motivated while having fun with the franchise favourite Sweat mode.
- Team up with friends for more fun in our Co-op mode, returning to the Just Dance franchise for Just Dance 2020. Co-op mode brings players together to combine scores and rule the dancefloor.
- Little ones can join in on the fun with the acclaimed Kids Mode, which allows the youngest players to enjoy it in full with 8 new kid-friendly curated songs, coming along with a fun dance experience tailored to kid’s needs.
- With Just Dance Unlimited, the dance-on-demand subscription streaming service, you have access to 500+ songs and more! Every copy of the game comes with 1-month’s access!
- No console? No worries! Jump right into the Just Dance experience directly from your Chrome browser. The Stadia platform enables cross-screen gameplay on laptops, desktops, and selected phones and tablets.
- The game learns your dancing habits and pushes you content you will like, at the time that’s right for you! Follow your instincts and pick the perfect pre-made playlist to match your mood, or let the game make recommendations created just for you. For every moment, there’s a Just Dance playlist.
- Keep the party going with Just Dance Unlimited. More songs and content will be added throughout the year to enrich Just Dance 2020 players’ experience.
- Use your smartphone to navigate in-game, track and score your moves – no camera, Kinect, or PS Move required. Up to 6 players can play with their phones simultaneously.
The game is set to release on 5 November on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia, Nintendo Switch, and the Nintendo Wii.
* Source: NPD, GfK & GSD – August 2017
New Borderlands 3 game modes announced
At Gamescom 2019 this week, Gearbox Software creative director Paul Sage, in conversation with Geoff Keighley, announced two new Borderlands 3 game modes.
Click below to watch the announcement and to read more about the game.
Vault Hunters, prepare for Borderlands 3. The game tests a player’s skills to score some top-tier loot in the crucibles of the new Proving Grounds and the returning Circle of Slaughter arenas.
Borderlands 3 is a story-driven, non-stop galactic thrill-ride, filled with colourful characters, epic enemies and boss fights, and billions of guns. In an all-new gameplay trailer released today, Gearbox and 2K show off the game’s unique brand of explosive, irreverent mayhem.
Borderlands 3 launches on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on 13 September.
Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars trailer revealed at Gamescom 2019
A gameplay trailer for the new strategy game Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars has been revealed at Gamescom 2019 in Cologne, Germany.
Click below to watch the trailer and read more about the game.
Kalypso Media has released a new gameplay trailer for Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars. Palindrome Interactive’s upcoming strategy title is also available in playable form to the public at gamescom 2019 at both of Kalypso Media’s booths at Gamescon.
The news follows the recent launch of the closed beta, exclusive to all pre-purchase customers that order the Windows PC version of the game digitally through the Kalypso Shop ahead of its full release on 11 October 2019. As well as securing instant beta access, pre-purchase customers will also get a 15% discount, a digital soundtrack and bonus in-game content.
To ensure that all of our upcoming games run at their optimum quality, Kalypso Media is using CSL Boostboxx high-end gaming PCs with hardware from ASUS Republic of Gamers at Gamescom 2019.
Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars is a strategy game set in a dark vampire world in turmoil, that combines empire management and turn-based combat with card-game elements. Discover the secrets of Nemire and experience an enthralling story from the perspective of four mighty vampire lords while commanding one of three vampire clans with distinctive units, powers, gameplay mechanics and characters. Players can make strategic manoeuvres in kingdom mode before switching over to combat mode to take on their foes in closely fought battles. Each clan and vampire lord has access to their own set of cards, which can be combined to powerful effect.
Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars will be released on PC on 11 October 2019, and on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in 2020.