The magical world of Citadel: Forged With Fire is preparing to take flight on October 11 for Steam, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, for both retail and digital platforms. Set in the enchanted world of Ignus, this magical massive online sandbox RPG teaches aspiring wizards the art of spellcasting, spellcrafting, broomstick flying and extensive building as you make allies to form a House and then an empire.
“With three major content updates and more than 90 patches, we worked directly with the community during Early Access to ensure that Citadel was massive in scale and rich with content in preparation for it’s full launch,” said Alex Tintor, managing director of Blue Isle Studios. “Three huge boss dungeons, the refinement of our broomstick flight and addition of the Broomstick Sports combined with enhancements to our spell crafting system will envelop players into this magical realm.”
Blue Isle Studios provided the following gameplay features:
- Spellcrafting Any Item: Enchant any wand or weapon, select the desired effect and add the elemental essence to craft amazing spells, aiding you in combat, beast taming and resource harvesting.
- The Power of Flight: Why walk when you can fly? Use your Wizardly prowess to take to the skies and cast from above or travel throughout the world. Enjoy your custom-crafted broomstick, tame and mount dragons and giant eagles or use alchemy to levitate without the aid of beast or broom.
- Build Breathtaking Castles: Construct your own medieval palace and enhance it with magical shields, attack towers, mana pools and respawn stones.
- Rich Fantasy World: Sweeping plains, dense forests, craggy mountains, festering swamps, frozen tundra and dangerous caverns set in a 36 square km world.
- Broomstick Sports: Gather your team and challenge players in aerial competitions proving you own the skies. Take a break from battle and compete in the official sport of Ignus.
- Boss Dungeons: Experience the Forsaken Crypts and come face to face with challenging bosses that only the mightiest wizards can overcome.
- Magical Creatures: A vast array of enemy creatures to fight, tame and mount such as direwolves, phoenixes, dragons, trolls and more.
- Forge an Empire: Align with fellow players and create a House to dominate the world of Ignus.
Industry veterans Jack Tretton and Doug Kennedy have provided Blue Isles Studios with executive guidance for the studio’s titles Slender The Arrival and Valley.
Citadel: Forged With Fire will launch worldwide to retailers and on digital platforms, 11 October for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam PC, with pre-orders available now.
Superhot launches on Nintendo Switch
Blurring the lines between cautious strategy and unbridled mayhem, Superhot is the first-person shooter (FPS) in which time moves only when players move.
Click below to watch the trailer and to read about the game.
No regenerating health bars. No conveniently placed ammo drops. It’s just the player, outnumbered and outgunned, grabbing weapons off fallen enemies to shoot, slice, and manoeuvre through a hurricane of slow-motion bullets.
With its stylised graphics, the game finally adds something new to the FPS genre. Superhot’s polished, minimalist visual language helps players focus on what’s most important – the fluid gameplay and the cinematic beauty of the fight.
The game took thirty months to make, meaning thousands of hours were put into development and design. From its humble origins in the 7 Day FPS game jam, through a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign, to an array of awards and nominations from industry experts, Superhot is a labour of love by its independent, dedicated team and thousands of backers from all around the globe.
It has the following features:
• Endless Mode – how long can you last against unyielding waves of enemies?
• Challenge Mode – take on Superhot with your bare hands, no restarts, timed runs, and more.
• Extras – delve further into Superhot with mini-games, ASCII art, and [redacted].
The game is available now on the Nintendo Switch eShop for R150.
New Borderlands 3 game modes announced
At Gamescom 2019 this week, Gearbox Software creative director Paul Sage, in conversation with Geoff Keighley, announced two new Borderlands 3 game modes.
Click below to watch the announcement and to read more about the game.
Vault Hunters, prepare for Borderlands 3. The game tests a player’s skills to score some top-tier loot in the crucibles of the new Proving Grounds and the returning Circle of Slaughter arenas.
Borderlands 3 is a story-driven, non-stop galactic thrill-ride, filled with colourful characters, epic enemies and boss fights, and billions of guns. In an all-new gameplay trailer released today, Gearbox and 2K show off the game’s unique brand of explosive, irreverent mayhem.
Borderlands 3 launches on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on 13 September.