The magical world of Citadel: Forged With Fire is preparing to take flight on October 11 for Steam, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, for both retail and digital platforms. Set in the enchanted world of Ignus, this magical massive online sandbox RPG teaches aspiring wizards the art of spellcasting, spellcrafting, broomstick flying and extensive building as you make allies to form a House and then an empire.
“With three major content updates and more than 90 patches, we worked directly with the community during Early Access to ensure that Citadel was massive in scale and rich with content in preparation for it’s full launch,” said Alex Tintor, managing director of Blue Isle Studios. “Three huge boss dungeons, the refinement of our broomstick flight and addition of the Broomstick Sports combined with enhancements to our spell crafting system will envelop players into this magical realm.”
Blue Isle Studios provided the following gameplay features:
- Spellcrafting Any Item: Enchant any wand or weapon, select the desired effect and add the elemental essence to craft amazing spells, aiding you in combat, beast taming and resource harvesting.
- The Power of Flight: Why walk when you can fly? Use your Wizardly prowess to take to the skies and cast from above or travel throughout the world. Enjoy your custom-crafted broomstick, tame and mount dragons and giant eagles or use alchemy to levitate without the aid of beast or broom.
- Build Breathtaking Castles: Construct your own medieval palace and enhance it with magical shields, attack towers, mana pools and respawn stones.
- Rich Fantasy World: Sweeping plains, dense forests, craggy mountains, festering swamps, frozen tundra and dangerous caverns set in a 36 square km world.
- Broomstick Sports: Gather your team and challenge players in aerial competitions proving you own the skies. Take a break from battle and compete in the official sport of Ignus.
- Boss Dungeons: Experience the Forsaken Crypts and come face to face with challenging bosses that only the mightiest wizards can overcome.
- Magical Creatures: A vast array of enemy creatures to fight, tame and mount such as direwolves, phoenixes, dragons, trolls and more.
- Forge an Empire: Align with fellow players and create a House to dominate the world of Ignus.
Industry veterans Jack Tretton and Doug Kennedy have provided Blue Isles Studios with executive guidance for the studio’s titles Slender The Arrival and Valley.
Citadel: Forged With Fire will launch worldwide to retailers and on digital platforms, 11 October for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam PC, with pre-orders available now.