Activision has revealed a massive content drop for the first season of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Players can now play new multiplayer maps, modes, co-op experiences, and in-game events for free.
The new Modern Warfare Battle Pass System also gives players more ways to customise their experience by earning new content, including base weapons, weapon blueprints, weapon charms, and other vanity items by playing the game.
The Season One Battle Pass can be purchased using Call of Duty Points, unlocking access to up to 100 tiers of new earnable content. Players who complete the Battle Pass will earn more Call of Duty Points than the cost they paid for the pass itself. Players can also purchase the Battle Pass Bundle, which includes all the same earnable content plus 20 tier skips for instant access to cool new equipment.
“Since Modern Warfare’s launch it’s been great sharing a steady stream of new playable content, but today’s launch of Season One takes things to a new level for all players,” says Patrick Kelly, Co-Studio Head and Creative Director, Infinity Ward. “We’re rolling out multiplayer maps like Crash, Vacant and Shipment; Gunfight maps Cargo, Atrium, and Shipment; a Ground War map Port; three new multiplayer modes; five new Special Ops experiences and two new weapons. This is the largest free content drop in Call of Duty history, and we’re excited that everyone can play all of this new Modern Warfare content together across all platforms.”
The free content from the first season includes:
- New Multiplayer Maps: Multiplayer map from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Crash is remastered and reimagined as a helicopter crash site in Urzikstan, featuring all the flanking routes and action-packed rooftop encounters you remember. Joining Crash later in the season are two more reimagined maps from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, including Vacant, an abandoned office leading to intense interior combat across the complex, and Shipment, where fast and frenetic action reigns supreme.
- New 2v2 Gunfight Maps: Jump into fast-paced, intense 2v2 matches on the new Atrium map set in a Verdansk palace, and the new Cargo map, an open-roof storage facility within the barge of a cargo container ship in the London Docks. In addition, Shipment will also be available as a 2v2 Gunfight map later in the season.
- New Ground War Map: Engage in all-out war, squaring off with 64 players on Port, which is a unique large-scale Ground War map set across cargo containers, cranes, buildings, and streets.
- New Multiplayer Game Modes: In Reinforce, a hybrid mode between Domination, Search & Destroy, and Search & Rescue, capture points to revive fallen teammates and take all points to win the round. Further into Season One, additional modes will go live including Infected, where it’s hunt or be hunted in the survival party game mode where eliminated survivors become infected. In O.S.P. Gunfight, the same mechanics of traditional Gunfight apply, with the distinct difference that players begin each match with no weapons or equipment and must pick them up once the match begins.
- New Weapons: Earnable for free for all players, the RAM-7 introduces a new fully automatic bullpup Assault Rifle, while the Holger-26 is an LMG spec of the Holger model rifle.
The Season One Battle Pass can be purchased for 1,000 COD points or players can upgrade to the Battle Pass Bundle which includes 20 Tier Skips. Regardless of whether you choose to purchase your Battle Pass, some of the tiers will include free Call of Duty points that can be used in the store or for future Battle Pass purchases.
In addition to the Battle Pass, players can also use Call of Duty Points to obtain bundles of items in the store that will be updated weekly and contain multiple cosmetic items, ranging from weapon blueprints, a new Operator, operator skins, as well as various vanity accessories.
New legendary items in Borderlands 3
The best gear of Borderlands 3 will be much easier to acquire during a time-limited ‘Farming Frenzy’ mini-event, which is currently running, through to 30 January.
Hoping to snag a specific Legendary drop? Still looking to cross some of those rare and exotic enemies off your list? Well, good news, Vault Hunter: for the next two weeks, the Borderlands 3 farming frenzy is on.
Not only will rare enemies be guaranteed to appear, their specific Legendary gear will drop at a higher than normal rate when players defeat them. Additionally, Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite will be more manageable for small squads and solo players, meaning its bosses (and their Legendary loot) will be highly accessible.
2K Games provided these specifics of this limited-time mini-event:
- Rare spawns are guaranteed to appear;
- All enemies with dedicated loot pools (e.g. rare spawns, named bosses, etc.) have a higher chance of dropping Legendary gear from their dedicated loot pool;
- The Anointment rate for that gear has been increased;
- Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite’s difficulty will now scale to match the size of the player party rather than defaulting to four-player difficulty (available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One only).
- These changes went live on 16 January and will be reversed on 30 January. That means players have two weeks of prime loot hunting to kick off the new year, so get out there and level up your arsenal.
These changes went live on 16 January and will be reversed on 30 January. That means players have two weeks of prime loot hunting to kick off the new year, so get out there and level up your arsenal.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore available tomorrow
The Fire Emblem and Altus games have crossed paths to create an epic role-playing gaming being released tomorrow on Nintendo Switch.
The worlds of the Fire Emblem series and Atlus games have crossed paths to create Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore, and the result is coming to the Nintendo Switch on 17 January.
An interdimensional evil has invaded modern-day Tokyo, resulting in this fantastical barrage of music, style – and yes – danger. Players must battle through dungeons to pump up their strategies and creatively decimate their foes before all hope fades to black.
Players and their friends will need to call on their creative power — manifested as iconic Fire Emblem characters — to wage a secret war on rogue spirits that feed on creativity. Each encounter will immerse players in deep, turn-based battles that blend the combat of the Fire Emblem and Atlus RPGs into one brutal harmony. Players must fuse items to craft weaponry; then play to their strengths and crush their foes. Around every corner they’ll find fun nods to multiple fandoms, including Fire Emblem references, dungeons themed to the entertainment industry, and stunning musical performances.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore is being released on the Nintendo Switch tomorrow, 17 January 2020.