Activision has revealed a massive content drop for the first season of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Players can now play new multiplayer maps, modes, co-op experiences, and in-game events for free.
The new Modern Warfare Battle Pass System also gives players more ways to customise their experience by earning new content, including base weapons, weapon blueprints, weapon charms, and other vanity items by playing the game.
The Season One Battle Pass can be purchased using Call of Duty Points, unlocking access to up to 100 tiers of new earnable content. Players who complete the Battle Pass will earn more Call of Duty Points than the cost they paid for the pass itself. Players can also purchase the Battle Pass Bundle, which includes all the same earnable content plus 20 tier skips for instant access to cool new equipment.
“Since Modern Warfare’s launch it’s been great sharing a steady stream of new playable content, but today’s launch of Season One takes things to a new level for all players,” says Patrick Kelly, Co-Studio Head and Creative Director, Infinity Ward. “We’re rolling out multiplayer maps like Crash, Vacant and Shipment; Gunfight maps Cargo, Atrium, and Shipment; a Ground War map Port; three new multiplayer modes; five new Special Ops experiences and two new weapons. This is the largest free content drop in Call of Duty history, and we’re excited that everyone can play all of this new Modern Warfare content together across all platforms.”
The free content from the first season includes:
- New Multiplayer Maps: Multiplayer map from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Crash is remastered and reimagined as a helicopter crash site in Urzikstan, featuring all the flanking routes and action-packed rooftop encounters you remember. Joining Crash later in the season are two more reimagined maps from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, including Vacant, an abandoned office leading to intense interior combat across the complex, and Shipment, where fast and frenetic action reigns supreme.
- New 2v2 Gunfight Maps: Jump into fast-paced, intense 2v2 matches on the new Atrium map set in a Verdansk palace, and the new Cargo map, an open-roof storage facility within the barge of a cargo container ship in the London Docks. In addition, Shipment will also be available as a 2v2 Gunfight map later in the season.
- New Ground War Map: Engage in all-out war, squaring off with 64 players on Port, which is a unique large-scale Ground War map set across cargo containers, cranes, buildings, and streets.
- New Multiplayer Game Modes: In Reinforce, a hybrid mode between Domination, Search & Destroy, and Search & Rescue, capture points to revive fallen teammates and take all points to win the round. Further into Season One, additional modes will go live including Infected, where it’s hunt or be hunted in the survival party game mode where eliminated survivors become infected. In O.S.P. Gunfight, the same mechanics of traditional Gunfight apply, with the distinct difference that players begin each match with no weapons or equipment and must pick them up once the match begins.
- New Weapons: Earnable for free for all players, the RAM-7 introduces a new fully automatic bullpup Assault Rifle, while the Holger-26 is an LMG spec of the Holger model rifle.
The Season One Battle Pass can be purchased for 1,000 COD points or players can upgrade to the Battle Pass Bundle which includes 20 Tier Skips. Regardless of whether you choose to purchase your Battle Pass, some of the tiers will include free Call of Duty points that can be used in the store or for future Battle Pass purchases.
In addition to the Battle Pass, players can also use Call of Duty Points to obtain bundles of items in the store that will be updated weekly and contain multiple cosmetic items, ranging from weapon blueprints, a new Operator, operator skins, as well as various vanity accessories.
Netflix releases final trailer for The Witcher
Just over a week away from the anticipated premiere of The Witcher, Henry Cavill surprised fans with a look at the second and final trailer at a fan event in Manila, Philippines.
Based on the best-selling fantasy series of books, The Witcher is an epic tale of fate and family. It is the story of the intertwined destinies of three individuals in the vast world of The Continent, where humans, elves, witchers, gnomes, and monsters battle to survive and thrive, and where good and evil is not easily identified.
Henry Cavill (Mission Impossible – Fallout, Man of Steel) leads the cast of The Witcher saga, playing the role of Geralt of Rivia, alongside other main cast members, Anya Chalotra (The ABC Murders, Wanderlust) as Yennefer and Freya Allan (The War of the Worlds, Into The Badlands) as Ciri.
Other previously announced cast include Jodhi May (Game of Thrones, Genius) as Calanthe, Björn Hlynur Haraldsson (Fortitude) as Eist, Adam Levy (Knightfall, Snatch) as Mousesack, MyAnna Buring (Ripper Street, Kill List) as Tissaia), Mimi Ndiweni (Black Earth Rising) as Fringilla, Therica Wilson-Read (Profile) as Sabrina, and Emma Appleton (The End of The F**king World) as Renfri, Eamon Farren (The ABC Murders, Twin Peaks) as Cahir, Joey Batey (Knightfall, Strike) as Jaskier, Lars Mikkelsen (House of Cards, Sherlock) as Stregobor, Royce Pierreson (Wanderlust, Judy) as Istredd, Maciej Musiał (1983) as Sir Lazlo, Wilson Radjou-Pujalte (Jamillah & Aladdin, Dickensian) as Dara, and Anna Shaffer (Harry Potter) as Triss.
For more information, visit Netflix.com/TheWitcher.
Resident Evil 3 gets remaster
The iconic PlayStation game, Resident Evil 3, modernises the climactic events of Raccoon City in April 2020.
This week on PlayStation’s State of Play broadcast, Capcom celebrated the 20th anniversary of the survival horror classic Resident Evil 3: Nemesis by unveiling a reimagined version of the game. On the heels of the award-winning Resident Evil 2, this highly demanded follow-up once again utilises Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine to complete the Raccoon City story arc.
Resident Evil 3 stars Jill Valentine – one of video games’ most iconic heroines – as she escapes from a crumbling Raccoon City while being pursued by the unrelenting bioweapon Nemesis. Players can also participate in previously untold Umbrella experiments on the outskirts of Raccoon City in the included online asymmetrical multiplayer game Resident Evil Resistance.
The game is set amidst the nightmarish outbreak of the T-virus, a biological weapon developed by the pharmaceutical company Umbrella Corporation. It marks the debut of Nemesis – a towering humanoid bioweapon designed for both brutality and high-functioning intelligence – whose dogged hunt of S.T.A.R.S. member Jill Valentine made him an icon of the Resident Evil series. Armed with an arsenal of high-powered weaponry and wrapped in a black suit to hide his mutilated features, Nemesis will maim, pulverize or destroy any obstacle on the path to his target.
Jill’s harrowing escape takes place in the panic-stricken hours leading up to and following the events of the acclaimed best-selling Resident Evil 2. Intense combat and puzzle solving combine to deliver the heart-pounding final chapter of Raccoon City’s collapse. The horrific settings from the original game and new content come to life as never before with RE Engine, previously utilized to create the acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard, Resident Evil 2, and Devil May Cry 5 with high-definition graphics and modernized gameplay mechanics.
Complementing the action-packed single player campaign is Resident Evil Resistance, an asymmetrical 4 vs. 1 multiplayer game originally unveiled as a working title at Tokyo Game Show earlier this year. As the Mastermind behind the scenes, players can assume the role of key Resident Evil characters like Annette Birkin in a series of deadly experiments. Manipulate the environment and wield a deck of cards to place vicious creatures, set traps and weaponized security cameras to snare hapless Survivors. A first for the franchise, Masterminds can directly control elite bioweapons like G-Birkin and Tyrant. In turn, four Survivors must effectively work together, making the most of a variety of weapons and each player’s unique special abilities, to stand a chance of escaping the experiment before time runs out.
Resident Evil 3 will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam for PC on 3 April 2020. Those who pre-order will also receive the exclusive Classic Costume Pack that features the original design for Jill Valentine and hairstyle for Carlos Oliveira.