From Gamescom 2018 in Cologne Germany, players played a “first draft” beta of the game and many were impressed by:
- Sword Combat: The core combat in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is measured by an intense clash of steel. Players will take command of special Sword Arts to supplement their regular attacks, and tear down enemy defences before sealing the final blow.
- Shinobi Prosthetic: Players can equip and switch between a variety of Prosthetic Tools to find the weakness of a formidable enemy. Additionally, tools such as the Grappling Hook can be utilised to bring an extra dimension to exploration and traversal throughout the world of the game.
- Resurrection: Used as an opportunity for a tactical retreat or to deceive an enemy and go on the counter-offensive, this new combat strategy allows players to resurrect on the spot, even after a hasty death.
“We can’t wait for fans to finally get their hands on Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice,” said Steve Young, Chief Revenue Officer at Activision. “Fans will get a taste of the multiple tools available for the prosthetic shinobi arm this week at Gamescom, and will be able to fully dive into the brutal, dark world of 1500s Sengoku Japan when the game launches on 22 March 2019.”
Persona 5 Royal lands early next year
The award-winning RPG, Persona, gets a new instalment at the end of March 2020.
Two years ago, the Phantom Thieves stole the hearts of millions of fans around the world. Now, they’re getting ready to make their triumphant return in Persona 5 Royal, an enhanced release of Atlus’s acclaimed JRPG Persona 5.
Persona 5 Royal steals the show for the PlayStation 4 system on 31 March 2020 with a Phantom Thieves Edition, Launch Edition, and special digital bundles. Digital pre-orders, which are available now on the PlayStation Store, will come with an original Persona 5 Royal theme as a bonus. And, all the original Persona 5 DLC will be free for all Persona 5 Royal players.
With the Persona 5 Royal physical editions, players will get:
- Official Joker Mask (comes with a stand)
- Collector’s Box
- Art book
- Limited edition Steelbook case
- Dynamic PS4 theme code
The game will be available on 31 March 2020 for the PlayStation 4.
Live-action Mulan trailer revealed
Disney has revealed a trailer for its live-action Mulan movie, which is set to hit cinemas in March 2020.
Acclaimed filmmaker Niki Caro brings the epic tale of China’s legendary warrior to life in Disney’s “Mulan,” in which a fearless young woman risks everything out of love for her family and her country to become one of the greatest warriors China has ever known. When the Emperor of China issues a decree that one man per family must serve in the Imperial Army to defend the country from Northern invaders, Hua Mulan, the eldest daughter of an honored warrior, steps in to take the place of her ailing father.
Masquerading as a man, Hua Jun, she is tested every step of the way and must harness her inner-strength and embrace her true potential. It is an epic journey that will transform her into an honored warrior and earn her the respect of a grateful nation…and a proud father. “Mulan” features a celebrated international cast that includes: Yifei Liu as Mulan; Donnie Yen as Commander Tung; Jason Scott Lee as Böri Khan; Yoson An as Cheng Honghui; with Gong Li as Xianniang and Jet Li as the Emperor. The film is directed by Niki Caro from a screenplay by Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver and Lauren Hynek & Elizabeth Martin suggested by the narrative poem “The Ballad of Mulan.”
Disney’s Mulan opens in cinemas on March 27, 2020.