On May 15, classic NES games like Donkey Kong Jr. are coming to the Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online collection. That’s dozens of classic games that can be played on the Nintendo Switch system anytime and anywhere with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
- Donkey Kong Jr. – Based on the popular arcade game, Donkey Kong Jr. is the sequel to the immensely successful Donkey Kong game. Play as Donkey Kong’s son, and rescue your dad who has been kidnapped and imprisoned in a cage by Mario. Use jumping and climbing abilities to clamber up vines and chains, gather vital fruit and keys, and open the cage to free your father. Make sure you avoid the pesky birds, nasty electric sparks and creepy chompers. Four different worlds filled with numerous climbing and jumping puzzles await you in this timeless classic.
- VS. Excitebike – Fans love the Excitebike game for its frenetic races, high stakes and sweet jumps. With this game, you can take it to the next level with the Famicom disk version of VS. Excitebike – complete with two-player split screen. Create tracks from 20 classic Excitebike track parts, and go for the best time or take on friends. Racing is even more exciting when the rivalries are real. You can also try out the single-player mode in VS. Excitebike. It adds tracks, music and the ability to save your high score.
- Clu Clu Land – The greedy Sea Urchins have stolen all of Clu Clu Land’s gold bars and buried them in a series of mazes. As Bubbles, a brave bubble fish, you’ll set out to uncover all of the gold bars in each maze. With 20 stages to complete and increasingly complex conditions (like having to pass over the gold bars twice to uncover them), you might just want to bring along a friend for help.
These three games join classics like Super Mario Bros.™ 3, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda and many others, all of which have been enhanced with online features.
Superhot launches on Nintendo Switch
Blurring the lines between cautious strategy and unbridled mayhem, Superhot is the first-person shooter (FPS) in which time moves only when players move.
Click below to watch the trailer and to read about the game.
No regenerating health bars. No conveniently placed ammo drops. It’s just the player, outnumbered and outgunned, grabbing weapons off fallen enemies to shoot, slice, and manoeuvre through a hurricane of slow-motion bullets.
With its stylised graphics, the game finally adds something new to the FPS genre. Superhot’s polished, minimalist visual language helps players focus on what’s most important – the fluid gameplay and the cinematic beauty of the fight.
The game took thirty months to make, meaning thousands of hours were put into development and design. From its humble origins in the 7 Day FPS game jam, through a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign, to an array of awards and nominations from industry experts, Superhot is a labour of love by its independent, dedicated team and thousands of backers from all around the globe.
It has the following features:
• Endless Mode – how long can you last against unyielding waves of enemies?
• Challenge Mode – take on Superhot with your bare hands, no restarts, timed runs, and more.
• Extras – delve further into Superhot with mini-games, ASCII art, and [redacted].
The game is available now on the Nintendo Switch eShop for R150.
New Borderlands 3 game modes announced
At Gamescom 2019 this week, Gearbox Software creative director Paul Sage, in conversation with Geoff Keighley, announced two new Borderlands 3 game modes.
Click below to watch the announcement and to read more about the game.
Vault Hunters, prepare for Borderlands 3. The game tests a player’s skills to score some top-tier loot in the crucibles of the new Proving Grounds and the returning Circle of Slaughter arenas.
Borderlands 3 is a story-driven, non-stop galactic thrill-ride, filled with colourful characters, epic enemies and boss fights, and billions of guns. In an all-new gameplay trailer released today, Gearbox and 2K show off the game’s unique brand of explosive, irreverent mayhem.
Borderlands 3 launches on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on 13 September.