When Mario and friends go missing, it’s up to our green-clad hero Luigi to conquer his fears to save them.
Slam, blow away, and vacuum up ghosts with the new Poltergust G-00, and join forces with Gooigi to overcome the puzzling contraptions and mischievous boss on each themed floor. And that’s just the Last Resort.
Enter the ScareScraper for 8-player local wireless or online co-op gameplay. The objective is to defeat all the ghosts, rescue all the toads, or clear other objectives before time runs out in the ScareScraper.
For more mini-game madness, compete on teams at the ScreamPark. Whether players play with friends or wander the hotel alone, they’ll be accompanied by the atmospheric music and ghoulish décor of every cobwebby corner in the game.
In the main adventure, players can play together as Luigi and Gooigi in two-player co-op. Gooigi can walk on spikes, slip through tight spaces, and help Luigi overcome obstacles he can’t tackle alone. Never hurts to have a friend in this hotel; it may not be very spooky, but Luigi begs to differ.
Nintendo provided the following information on features:
- Catch ghosts and solve puzzles to rescue Mario and friends in the Last Resort hotel
- Each floor of this towering hotel is themed, from the décor to the puzzles to boss
- Utilize the functions of the all-new Poltergust G-00: Pummel ghosts with a Slam, breakthrough defenses with the Suction Shot, and blowback groups with a Burst
- Luigi can call upon and control Gooigi, his all-green doppelganger, who can do what Luigi can’t
- Gooigi can slip through tight spaces, walk on spikes, and help Luigi overcome obstacles
- Change between Luigi and Gooigi in single player, or let a friend play as Gooigi for 2-player co-op
- Up to 8 players can work together to ascend the Scarescaper via local wireless or online
- It’s Team Luigi vs. Team Gooigi in a mini-game battle to see which is the ultimate team of ghost hunters