HP has unveiled its latest generation premium consumer PCs, which are thinner and lighter with better battery life.
HP provided the following information:
The premium portfolio is built to address customers’ need for devices that inspire and excite. Whether for within the home or on the go, the HP Premium products have become the gold standard for what customers expect from their computing experience. New products debuting today include:
· HP Spectre x360, the second generation of HP’s revolutionary x360 convertible now features a near zero border display in a design that is 13 percent thinner and 11 percent lighter.
· HP ENVY laptop offers a sophisticated design offering up to 14 hours of battery life,, four more than the previous model.
· HP ENVY AIO 27 combines computing power with media experiences that feature a near borderless Technicolor Colour Certified HD display that floats over an integrated four speaker sound bar tuned by Bang & Olufsen.
“Premium customers have high expectations around device performance and quality for consuming media and productivity whether at home, work or on the go,” said Anne-Sophie Hadberg, head of consumer personal systems EMEA, HP Inc. “We are strengthening our leadership in premium with our redesigned PC portfolio to deliver big power in thin and light designs to be even more portable and revolutionize our all-in-one to bring amazing sound into the home.”
HP Spectre x360 delivers powerful performance in sleek package
HP has taken its most successful premium laptop PC and made it even better. The Spectre x360 now achieves 25 percent more hours of battery life with up to 15 hours. This was accomplished by optimizing the PC for the latest 7th Generation Intel Core processors and fitting a larger 57.8W battery in the thinner design. The new micro-edge display bezel design reduces the overall footprint by eliminating almost 10mm from each side of the screen to provide a beautiful viewing experience for improved portability. With a new hinge design, it is 13.8mm thin, over 2mm thinner than the previous generation and is lighter at 1.29kg compared to 1.45kg. The PC now includes four speakers instead of two to deliver crisp audio. Thanks to tuning by Bang & Olufsen plus HP Audio Boost, the two forward facing speakers in addition to two on the bottom provide superb sound in every mode.
The new Spectre x360 features great connectivity with two USB-Type C ports with Thunderbolt 3 support and a USB-Type A 3.0 port allowing users to connect the latest peripherals both today and tomorrow. The bright display boasts a 13.3-inch (33.78cm) diagonal FHD IPS panel that delivers great viewing experiences. The Natural Silver colour with polished accents on the hinges creates the sleek profile customers crave.
Other features include:
· The new dual fan design optimizes thermals to ensure the device runs cool during demanding activities
· 7th Generation Intel Core i5 or i7 processors
· Options with up to a 1TB PCIe SSD for fast performance and plenty of space to store high resolution videos and photos
· HP Truevision FHD Webcam with 12% wider field of view, great for web chats.
· A FHD IR camera supports Windows Hello Facial Log-In for secure, easy log in without typing a password.
· HP Fast Charge to recharge the batteries to 90 percent capacity in just 90 minutes
HP ENVY Laptop is powerful in a thin and light design
Designed for the customer who wants premium laptop at an affordable price, the HP ENVY combines beauty and power with refined metal materials and slim lines offered in Natural Silver. The new 13.3” (33.78cm) diagonal HP ENVY laptop packs four more hours of battery life up to 14 hours compared to last year’s model. At only 14mm and 1.42kg, the new HP ENVY is slightly thicker and heavier than the previous generation, but now boasts a larger battery and the latest generation Intel Core processors for big power on the go.
An elevated hinge design provides a more comfortable typing experience coupled with a backlit keyboard for working in low light and an extra-wide glass touchpad for less resistance. The optional edge-to-edge flush glass display offers vivid visuals for movies and games with a QHD+, UHD or FHD panel. Dual firing speakers, with audio expertly tuned by Bang & Olufsen plus HP Audio Boost Technology offer amazing sound to amplify movies and music.
Other features include:
- Two USB 3.0 ports, including one dedicated to sleep and charge, and one USB Type-C port
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors
- Up to a 1TB SSD PCIe provides fast response times when opening or moving large files
- Up to 16GB RAM
- HP Fast Charge up to 90 percent in 90 minutes
HP ENVY AIO 27 looks great in any room, delivers cinematic experiences
The HP ENVY AIO 27 offers a simple yet sophisticated design that makes it look great in any room in the house. By moving the computing power into the base, the two volume design reduces the display thickness by 44 percent for a 15mm thin, beautiful 27-inch (68.58cm) diagonal QHD or UHD display. The base includes an innovative sound bar with four speakers expertly tuned by Bang & Olufsen to provide theatre-like sound quality and an audio dial that allows for easy touch control. The 3.6 million pixel screen resolution with Technicolor Colour Certification helps ensure high accuracy colours when watching videos or creating and editing content. This is HP’s first all-in-one display to feature low blue light mode for improved eye comfort and a better night’s sleep. To safeguard privacy, the ENVY AIO 27 offers a HP Privacy Camera with IR support and a microphone that is hidden when not in use.
Other features include:
· Powerful processing options available, including 6th Generation Intel Core i5 and i7 quad-core desktop
· Optional discrete NVIDIA GTX 950M graphics card with 2GB GDDR5 video for blazing fast 3D gaming performance
· Hybrid storage options include up to a 256GB SSD and 2TB HDD to give customers faster performance and plenty of storage for digital media collections
· USB Type-C port with Thunderbolt support
· HDMI-out to connect to a second monitor or to project to a TV
· HDMI-in port for connecting a laptop to take advantage of the ENYV AIO 27’s beautiful display
Pricing and Availability
· The HP ENVY All-In-One 27 is expected to be available in SA in December with a starting price of R27 999,00.
· The HP Spectre x360 is expected to be available in SA in November with a starting price of R24 999,00.
· The HP ENVY Laptop with QHD+ or FHD panel options is expected to be available in SA in November with a starting price of R19 999,00 The HP ENVY Laptop with UHD panel option is expected to be available in January 2017.
Win a Poster Heater with Gadget and Takealot.com
This winter Gadget and Takealot.com are giving away three Poster Heaters, which look like posters but become heaters when you plug them in.
Three Gadget readers will each win a unit, valued at R550 each. To enter, follow @GadgetZA and @Takealot on Twitter and tell us on the @GadgetZA account how many Watts the heater consumes.
What’s the big deal about these heaters? Many of us are struggling to keep the balance between soaring electricity costs and the need to keep warm this winter.
However, the recently launched Poster Heater by EasyHeat and distributed in South Africa by Takealot.com is not only one of the most cost effective electric heaters currently on the market, it is also easy to setup and use.
As the name indicates, it is a poster similar to one you would hang on a wall. But, plug it in and it turns into a 300 Watt heater. The Poster Heater isn’t designed to heat hallways or large rooms, but rather smaller ones like a bedroom or a baby’s nursery or a dressing room.
It uses radiant heating, which means that it heats up in a couple of minutes and the heat is directed at the objects or people around it, quickly taking the chill out of the air and providing a comfortable ambient temperature.
The other advantage of radiant heating is that it doesn’t dry out the air like infrared or gas heaters. Users also don’t have to worry about their children or pets getting too close to it because, even though it gets hot, it can be touched.
To enter the competition follow the steps below:
Competition entry details:
3. The competition closes on 31 July 2018.
4. Winners will be notified via Twitter on 1 August and Takealot.com will be in touch to organise delivery.
5. The competition is only open to South African residents.
Happy Emoji Day! Here’s 10 reasons to be cheerful
First created by Shigetaka Kurita in 1999, the emoji has become a huge part of everyday communication. Whether you love them or hate them, flying dollar bills, applauding hands and rolling eyes are here to stay.
Scientist suggest that the use of emojis will help us gain the same satisfaction from digital interactions as we enjoy from personal contact.
Almost two decades later, and we have over 2600 unique emojis to perfectly express what we feel, thank you Mr Kurita! Join HMD, the home of Nokia phones as we celebrate World Emoji Day on the 17th of July with these interesting emoji facts:
The most popular emoji used is “Person Shrugging”
1. The Nokia 3310 was chosen as one of the first 3 “National” emojis for Finland… it represents unbreakable!
2. South Africa’s favourite emoji is the “Kiss and wink”… how sweet SA!
3. French is the only language where a ‘smiley’ does not top the list for its use
4. On average, over 60 billion emojis are sent on Facebook every day
5. For the first time ever, the Oxford Dictionaries Word of the Year was a pictograph! The “Face with Tears of Joy” was crowned word of the year in 2015
6. According to Emojipedia, some of the most requested emoji’s include afro, a bagel and hands making a heart
7. To include all races, a diversity pack was released in 2017
8. It has become so trendy that the Museum of Modern Art displays the original emoji collection on canvas
9. In 2009, Herman Melville’s classic Moby Dick was completely translated into emoji’s