HP has unveiled its latest generation premium consumer PCs, which are thinner and lighter with better battery life.
HP provided the following information:
The premium portfolio is built to address customers’ need for devices that inspire and excite. Whether for within the home or on the go, the HP Premium products have become the gold standard for what customers expect from their computing experience. New products debuting today include:
· HP Spectre x360, the second generation of HP’s revolutionary x360 convertible now features a near zero border display in a design that is 13 percent thinner and 11 percent lighter.
· HP ENVY laptop offers a sophisticated design offering up to 14 hours of battery life,, four more than the previous model.
· HP ENVY AIO 27 combines computing power with media experiences that feature a near borderless Technicolor Colour Certified HD display that floats over an integrated four speaker sound bar tuned by Bang & Olufsen.
“Premium customers have high expectations around device performance and quality for consuming media and productivity whether at home, work or on the go,” said Anne-Sophie Hadberg, head of consumer personal systems EMEA, HP Inc. “We are strengthening our leadership in premium with our redesigned PC portfolio to deliver big power in thin and light designs to be even more portable and revolutionize our all-in-one to bring amazing sound into the home.”
HP Spectre x360 delivers powerful performance in sleek package
HP has taken its most successful premium laptop PC and made it even better. The Spectre x360 now achieves 25 percent more hours of battery life with up to 15 hours. This was accomplished by optimizing the PC for the latest 7th Generation Intel Core processors and fitting a larger 57.8W battery in the thinner design. The new micro-edge display bezel design reduces the overall footprint by eliminating almost 10mm from each side of the screen to provide a beautiful viewing experience for improved portability. With a new hinge design, it is 13.8mm thin, over 2mm thinner than the previous generation and is lighter at 1.29kg compared to 1.45kg. The PC now includes four speakers instead of two to deliver crisp audio. Thanks to tuning by Bang & Olufsen plus HP Audio Boost, the two forward facing speakers in addition to two on the bottom provide superb sound in every mode.
The new Spectre x360 features great connectivity with two USB-Type C ports with Thunderbolt 3 support and a USB-Type A 3.0 port allowing users to connect the latest peripherals both today and tomorrow. The bright display boasts a 13.3-inch (33.78cm) diagonal FHD IPS panel that delivers great viewing experiences. The Natural Silver colour with polished accents on the hinges creates the sleek profile customers crave.
Other features include:
· The new dual fan design optimizes thermals to ensure the device runs cool during demanding activities
· 7th Generation Intel Core i5 or i7 processors
· Options with up to a 1TB PCIe SSD for fast performance and plenty of space to store high resolution videos and photos
· HP Truevision FHD Webcam with 12% wider field of view, great for web chats.
· A FHD IR camera supports Windows Hello Facial Log-In for secure, easy log in without typing a password.
· HP Fast Charge to recharge the batteries to 90 percent capacity in just 90 minutes
HP ENVY Laptop is powerful in a thin and light design
Designed for the customer who wants premium laptop at an affordable price, the HP ENVY combines beauty and power with refined metal materials and slim lines offered in Natural Silver. The new 13.3” (33.78cm) diagonal HP ENVY laptop packs four more hours of battery life up to 14 hours compared to last year’s model. At only 14mm and 1.42kg, the new HP ENVY is slightly thicker and heavier than the previous generation, but now boasts a larger battery and the latest generation Intel Core processors for big power on the go.
An elevated hinge design provides a more comfortable typing experience coupled with a backlit keyboard for working in low light and an extra-wide glass touchpad for less resistance. The optional edge-to-edge flush glass display offers vivid visuals for movies and games with a QHD+, UHD or FHD panel. Dual firing speakers, with audio expertly tuned by Bang & Olufsen plus HP Audio Boost Technology offer amazing sound to amplify movies and music.
Other features include:
- Two USB 3.0 ports, including one dedicated to sleep and charge, and one USB Type-C port
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors
- Up to a 1TB SSD PCIe provides fast response times when opening or moving large files
- Up to 16GB RAM
- HP Fast Charge up to 90 percent in 90 minutes
HP ENVY AIO 27 looks great in any room, delivers cinematic experiences
The HP ENVY AIO 27 offers a simple yet sophisticated design that makes it look great in any room in the house. By moving the computing power into the base, the two volume design reduces the display thickness by 44 percent for a 15mm thin, beautiful 27-inch (68.58cm) diagonal QHD or UHD display. The base includes an innovative sound bar with four speakers expertly tuned by Bang & Olufsen to provide theatre-like sound quality and an audio dial that allows for easy touch control. The 3.6 million pixel screen resolution with Technicolor Colour Certification helps ensure high accuracy colours when watching videos or creating and editing content. This is HP’s first all-in-one display to feature low blue light mode for improved eye comfort and a better night’s sleep. To safeguard privacy, the ENVY AIO 27 offers a HP Privacy Camera with IR support and a microphone that is hidden when not in use.
Other features include:
· Powerful processing options available, including 6th Generation Intel Core i5 and i7 quad-core desktop
· Optional discrete NVIDIA GTX 950M graphics card with 2GB GDDR5 video for blazing fast 3D gaming performance
· Hybrid storage options include up to a 256GB SSD and 2TB HDD to give customers faster performance and plenty of storage for digital media collections
· USB Type-C port with Thunderbolt support
· HDMI-out to connect to a second monitor or to project to a TV
· HDMI-in port for connecting a laptop to take advantage of the ENYV AIO 27’s beautiful display
Pricing and Availability
· The HP ENVY All-In-One 27 is expected to be available in SA in December with a starting price of R27 999,00.
· The HP Spectre x360 is expected to be available in SA in November with a starting price of R24 999,00.
· The HP ENVY Laptop with QHD+ or FHD panel options is expected to be available in SA in November with a starting price of R19 999,00 The HP ENVY Laptop with UHD panel option is expected to be available in January 2017.
Now download a bank account
Absa has introduced an end-to-end account opening for new customers, through the Absa Banking App, which can be downloaded from the Android and Apple app stores. This follows the launch of the world first ChatBanking on WhatsApp service.
This “download your account” feature enables new customers to Absa, to open a Cheque account, order their card and start transacting on the Absa Banking App, all within minutes, from anywhere and at any time, by downloading it from the App stores.
“Overall, this new capability is not only expected to enhance the customer’s digital experience, but we expect to leverage this in our branches, bringing digital experiences to the branch environment and making it easier for our customers to join and bank with us regardless of where they may be,” says Aupa Monyatsi, Managing Executive for Virtual Channels at Absa Retail & Business Banking.
“With this innovation comes the need to ensure that the security of our customers is at the heart of our digital experience, this is why the digital onboarding experience for this feature includes a high-quality facial matching check with the Department of Home Affairs to verify the customer’s identity, ensuring that we have the most up to date information of our clients. Security is supremely important for us.”
The new version of the Absa Banking App is now available in the Apple and Android App stores, and anyone with a South African ID can become an Absa customer, by following these simple steps:
- Download the Absa App
- Choose the account you would like to open
- Tell us who you are
- To keep you safe, we will verify your cell phone number
- Take a selfie, and we will do facial matching with the Department of Home Affairs to confirm you are who you say you are
- Tell us where you live
- Let us know what you do for a living and your income
- Click Apply.
How we use phones to avoid human contact
A recent study by Kaspersky Lab has found that 75% of people pick up their connected device to avoid conversing with another human being.
Connected devices are becoming essential to keeping people in contact with each other, but for many they are also a much-needed comfort blanket in a variety of social situations when they do not want to interact with others. A recent survey from Kaspersky Lab has confirmed this trend in behaviour after three-quarters of people (75%) admitted they use a device to pretend to be busy when they don’t want to talk to someone else, showing the importance of keeping connected devices protected under all circumstances.
Imagine you’ve arrived at a bar and you’re waiting for your date. The bar is busy, and people are chatting all around you. What do you do now? Strike up a conversation with someone you don’t know? Grab your phone from your pocket or handbag until your date arrives to keep yourself busy? Why talk to humans or even make eye-contact with someone else when you can stare at your connected device instead?
The truth is, our use of devices is making it much easier to avoid small talk or even be polite to those around us, and new Kaspersky Lab research has found that 72% of people use one when they do not know what to do in a social situation. They are also the ‘go-to’ distraction for people even when they aren’t trying to look busy or avoid someone’s eye. 46% of people admit to using a device just to kill time every day and 44% use it as a daily distraction.
In addition to just being a distraction, devices are also a lifeline to those who would rather not talk directly to another person in day-to-day situations, to complete essential tasks. In fact, nearly a third (31%) of people would prefer to carry out tasks such as ordering a taxi or finding directions to where they need to go via a website and an app, because they find it an easier experience than speaking with another person.
Whether they are helping us avoid direct contact or filling a void in our daily lives, our constant reliance on devices has become a cause for panic when they become unusable. A third (34%) of people worry that they will not be able to entertain themselves if they cannot access a connected device. 12% are even concerned that they won’t be able to pretend to be busy if their device is out of action.
Dmitry Aleshin, VP for Product Marketing, Kaspersky Lab said, “The reliance on connected devices is impacting us in more ways than we could have ever expected. There is no doubt that being connected gives us the freedom to make modern life easier, but devices are also vital to help people get through different and difficult social situations. No matter what your ‘connection crutch’ is, it is essential to make sure your device is online and available when you need it most.”
To ensure your device lifeline is always there and in top health – no matter what the reason or situation – Kaspersky Security Cloud keeps your connection safe and secure:
· I want to use my device while waiting for a friend – is it secure to access the bar’s Wi-Fi?
With Kaspersky Security Cloud, devices are protected against network threats, even if the user needs to use insecure public Wi-Fi hotspots. This is done through transferring data via an encrypted channel to ensure personal data safety, so users’ devices are protected on any connection.
· Oh no! I’m bored but my phone’s battery is getting low – what am I going to do?
Users can track their battery level thanks to a countdown of how many minutes are left until their device shuts down in the Kaspersky Security Cloud interface. There is also a wide-range of portable power supplies available to keep device batteries charged while on-the-go.
· I’ve lost my phone! How will I keep myself entertained now?
Should the unthinkable happen and you lose or have your phone stolen, Kaspersky Security Cloud can track and protect your device from data breaches, for complete peace of mind. Remote lock and locate features ensure your device remains secure until you are reunited.