HP has launched a new family of gaming products designed for an immersive gaming experience. HP’s new high-end gaming products – the OMEN X Desktop, OMEN 17 Laptop, OMEN X Curved Display and OMEN with SteelSeries accessories – are engineered to deliver great performance and flexibility.
“The OMEN X Desktop was built for serious gamers who need fierce performance out-of-the-box in a fully customizable chassis – something not typically available from traditional PC manufacturers,” said Louis Perrin, director, consumer products, Personal Systems EMEA, HP. “HP’s engineers combined a unique design that maximizes thermal management with support for industry standard components so that the true enthusiast can always be up to date with the latest hardware to maintain peak performance with a customized rig.”
The OMEN X offerings are an extension of HP’s unified gaming portfolio announced in May to maximize gaming performance per dollar. The OMEN X brand focuses on overbuilt and over-engineered products meant to deliver bold innovation for gaming customers.
HP provided the following information:
The OMEN X features the latest graphics technology up to dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 to elevate the performance of any game with stunning visuals. The 6th generation Intel Core i5/i7 processor with overclocking capability paired with a VR-ready GPU will enable flawless Virtual Reality (VR) and immersive 4K experiences for even the most demanding AAA games.
HP engineered superior thermal management allowing customers to stay cool under pressure and get the highest possible performance and full potential of the hardware. This revolutionary thermal management includes a tri-chamber design to separate components and optimize thermals with dedicated cooling in each chamber. The OMEN X Desktop also includes support for up to three 120mm liquid cooling radiators with top mounted exhaust vents and a stand that lifts the case off the ground to help pull cool air in, allowing for maximum ventilation.
Other top features include:
· OMEN Control software provides complete design control, allowing for custom LED modifications and brightness adjustments in real time
· Chassis adheres to industry standards for seamless upgrades and modifications
· Tool-less access to the internals and a hidden toolkit in the chassis to accommodates upgrades
The ability to build a PC from the ground up is crucial for true enthusiast gamers and one of the most significant differentiators of the OMEN X Desktop. Builders and modders can purchase an empty OMEN X chassis as a standalone option for a completely immersive do-it-yourself (DIY) PC experience. The standalone chassis provides the same thermal benefits of the tri-chamber design and industry standards, making a custom build as seamless as end-users expect.
OMEN 17 Laptop Powered by New NVIDIA Graphics
The latest 17.3” (43.9cm) diagonal OMEN Laptop is designed from top-to-bottom with the performance gamer in mind. It’s now one of the highest performing gaming laptops on the market with the inclusion of the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics, and one of the most portable measuring just 32.9 mm thin and weighing seven pounds (3.2kg).
The OMEN 17 Laptop is engineered and designed for gamers and provides the immersive experience and versatility required for relentless competition. New features include:
· The latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 and 1070 graphics technology deliver fast, smooth, and power-efficient gaming experiences
· G-SYNC display technology optimizes gaming by synchronizing the display refresh rates to the GPU
· Quad speakers with audio by Bang & Olufsen and HP Audio Boost for realistic sound quality
· The addition of a mini Display Port adds support for dual 2K or 4K output and streaming
· Up to 4K display resolution with 300 nits for another level for sharpness that enhances gaming and entertainment
· VR-Ready support for gamers who want to be ready for the next frontier of gaming with VR
· A 95W polymer battery to support the latest GPUs from NVIDIA for up to 7.25 hours of run time
OMEN X by HP Curved Display – Be Immersed
Display quality affects the overall gaming experience and to round out the OMEN ecosystem, HP is introducing the OMEN X Curved Display, which adds a new level of realism and immersion for end-users. The curved display is the first from HP to offer NVIDIA® G-Sync™ Technology, integrating the latest technologies and more choices for customers seeking wide viewing angles and a smooth gaming experience.
OMEN by HP with SteelSeries – Victory is at Hand
To complement and enhance users’ experience with the new OMEN line-up, HP is collaborating with SteelSeries to introduce a line of accessories designed to heighten gameplay and provide the utmost competitive advantage.
· OMEN Headset with SteelSeries features lightweight suspension construction to evenly spread the weight over the entire band, allowing gamers to play longer, more comfortably.
· OMEN Keyboard with SteelSeries enables personalization with over 16.8 million colours to create unique colour schemes and allow for colour changes in response to gameplay action.
· OMEN Mouse with SteelSeries includes features for unmatched performance including customization like RGB illumination, 6 fully programmable buttons for quicker action, and zero hardware acceleration for 1:1 tracking and precise movements.
· OMEN Mouse Pad with SteelSeries provides a high quality; non-slip rubber base and the precision professionals rely on with a durable smooth, surface.
The OMEN platform software is pre-installed on OMEN PCs and is offered for both the OMEN keyboard and OMEN mouse letting gamers easily take advantage of its many features by offering cross platform support, and features a cloud syncing system to make sure customers always have their favourite settings.
OMEN Challenge by HP at Gamescom 2016
HP will host its third OMEN Challenge in Europe at Gamescom 2016, featuring one of the world’s most popular PC games, “CS:GO” by Valve. The first live action game on Twitch, the OMEN Challenge will see Mousesports’ CS:GO team taking on Flipsid3 Tactics where the teams will endure ‘tortures’– including elements such as wind blasts and cold environments – to test the physical agility and skill of these elite gamers. Armed with the latest OMEN by HP PCs, the pro gamers will be pushed beyond their absolute limits as both the live and online Twitch audiences vote on how to distract them.
The OMEN Challenge will take place at the ESL Arena in Hall 9 at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany, at 22:00 CET on Thursday, 18 August. It can also be viewed on Twitch at www.twitch.tv/omenchallenge.