Facebook has introduced Messenger Day, a new way to share your day’s events through videos and images. After 24 hours, the post disappears, allowing one to create a new one. STAN CHUDNOVSKY, Head of Product for Messenger, explains how it works.
Facebook has introduced Messenger Day, a new way to share what you’re up to through videos and photos. You can enhance your Day’s visuals and videos with effects, then share them with everyone or choose family members and friends who can view and reply to your messages before your Day disappears after 24 hours.
Messenger Day puts the camera front and center and provides a way to visually share what’s going on in your day and spark better, more meaningful conversations with the people you already talk to on Messenger.
Day has been testing in several countries and will start rolling out globally on Android and iOS.
Highlights of Messenger Day include:
- Quick Camera: The camera is always one tap or swipe away, whether you are already in a conversation or just opened the app
- Special Effects: Choose from more than 5,000 frames, effects and stickers to customize photos and videos before you add to your Day, many of which are exclusive to Messenger
- Choose Your Audience: After customizing your video or photo, you can send to whoever you choose – including multiple friends, your bestie or groups
- Share and Control Your Day: You can choose to share your Day, which shows up at the top of your Messenger home screen, and control who can view your Day.
Communication is becoming more visual than ever, and people want lightweight, easy ways to share throughout the day. Messenger Day is perfect when you want show your friends what you’re doing, how you’re feeling and want to invite friends to join you for activities — or just to chat.
Here’s how Messenger Day works:
- First make sure you’ve updated your Messenger app so you have the latest version.
- Open Messenger, and tap on the camera, highlighted with a sun to celebrate this launch. Doing so drops you right into the full-screen camera. Or, tap the “Add to your day” rectangle at the top of your inbox to get started.
- Snap a quick selfie or take a photo or video of what’s around you.
- To add art and effects, tap the smiley face icon in the top right and then tap to add to your photo or video. You can also add text over your images by tapping the “Aa” icon, and you can overlay a drawing by tapping the squiggly line in the top right corner.
- Once you have your photo or video the way you want it, tap the arrow in the bottom right corner. You can then add directly to your Day, save it to your phone’s camera roll, and/or you can choose to send it to a specific person or group of people. The photo or video that you add to your day will be viewable for 24 hours.
Product of the Day2 weeks ago
Naspers invests R42-m in public transport
Product of the Day2 weeks ago
Opera launches Hype in SA
People 'n' Privacy2 weeks ago
POPI is NOT coming to get you
People 'n' Issues2 weeks ago
Loyalty points get tax break
Stream of the Day2 weeks ago
E3: What to expect from Ubisoft Forward
Cybersecurity2 weeks ago
Biometrics set to replace passwords
AppDate1 week ago
AppDate: Kaspersky teaches kids digital ethics
Cybersecurity1 week ago
Defend yourself from doxing