The African National Congress, Democratic Alliance and the Economic Freedom Fighters dominated elections related search queries on Google last week. While the top trending election question sought answers on who would win this year’s general elections, South Africans also posed questions specifically around whether the ANC, EFF or DA would win the race. These three parties also dominated the Top Searched Party list. Below is a round-up of
Top 10 questions on elections in SA this week:
- Who will win the 2019 elections?
- When is election day 2019?
- Will ANC win 2019 elections?
- Is election day a holiday in South Africa?
- Will EFF win 2019 elections?
- How many parties are there in South Africa?
- When did South Africa
holdits first democratic elections?
- Will DA win 2019 elections?
- Why Julius will win the elections?
- How does age restriction impact elections?
Top searched party in SA in the last week:
- African National Congress
- Economic Freedom Fighters
- Democratic Alliance
- Black First Land First
- African Christian Democratic Party
- Freedom Front Plus
- Inkatha Freedom Party
- African Transformation Movement
Top searched candidate in SA in the last week:
- Cyril Ramaphosa
- Julius Malema
- Mangosuthu Buthelezi
- Mmusi Maimane
- Hlaudi Motsoeneng
- Bantu Holomisa
- Andile Mngxitama
- Patricia De Lille
- Vuyo Zungula
- Mosiuoa Lekota
Top cities searching for elections in SA:
- Cape Town
- Johannesburg South
- Kempton Park
Provincial election search leaderboard this week:
- Free State
- Western Cape
- North West
- Northern Cape
- Eastern Cape
Search trends information is gleaned from data collated by Google based on what South Africans have been searching for and asking Google. Google processes more than 40 000 search queries every second. This translates to more than a billion searches per day and 1.2 trillion searches per year worldwide. Live Google search trends data is available here.