Dell Technologies has announced new security services and solutions to help organisations protect against threats, respond to attacks and secure their devices, systems and clouds.
According to last year’s Dell Breakthrough Study, 72% of IT business leaders and professionals believe the changing working world exposes their organisation to even greater risk. The highly distributed IT environment creates new opportunities for cybercriminals and requires organisations to transform their approach to securing and recovering their data and systems. Dell says its new security offerings help tackle these challenges so organisations can reduce risk and protect their business.
“Security is embedded in Dell’s DNA,” says Matt Baker, Dell Technologies senior vice president of corporate strategy. “It’s built into our designs, infrastructure, supply chain and our products. Our growing portfolio of security services and solutions is helping organisations tackle their toughest security challenges and addressing the increasing complexity of how they stay secure across networks, devices and systems. We’re helping customers double down on resilience in a challenging environment.”
Theodore Fotias, vice president of IT infrastructure at Phoenix Children’s Hospital, one of the clients of these services, puts it in perspective: “Our partnership with Dell Technologies is invaluable for achieving our IT goals while securing our data and patients’ sensitive information at a time when health care institutions are prime targets for cyberattacks. Dell security solutions give us the peace of mind we need to focus on what matters most: delivering the best possible research and care to our patients.”
Dell Technologies provided the following information on the new services:
Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Pro Plus helps safeguard IT environments
Dell is expanding the capabilities of its MDR offering with Managed Detection and Response Pro Plus, a fully managed security operations solution that helps organisations prevent, respond and recover from security threats.
With Managed Detection and Response Pro Plus, Dell protects endpoints, infrastructure, software, hardware and clouds by:
- Delivering 24×7 threat detection and investigation while also identifying vulnerabilities and prioritising patching.
- Conducting breach and attack simulations to ensure an organisation’s existing security controls, including web or email gateway settings, are configured and working properly.
- Carrying out penetration testing to find vulnerable pathways into an organisation’s environment utilising the same techniques seasoned hackers use, flagging potentially suspicious activity and recommending security posture improvements.
- Providing year-round cybersecurity training in concise, easy-to-learn modules to improve employee awareness of risks and encourage best practices.
- Offering Incident Recovery Care to quickly deploy certified experts to assess a security incident and get the customer back to business if a breach occurs.
Dell augments its threat management portfolio with CrowdStrike
In addition to a managed services approach, Dell empowers organisations to design, manage and secure their own IT environments. Dell now offers customers more choice in cybersecurity software with the addition of CrowdStrike Falcon into its SafeGuard and Response portfolio. With CrowdStrike’s industry leading cloud native platform, organisations can access an extended suite of defences that accelerate threat investigation and response to protect critical areas of enterprise risk: endpoints and cloud workloads, identity and data. Adding CrowdStrike to the portfolio makes it easier for organisations to rely on Dell for their expanding security needs, including on their journey to a Zero Trust architecture with scalable and best-in-class solutions.
Dell delivers hardware protections to Dell commercial PCs
Dell builds the industry’s most secure commercial PCs. Providing organisations an additional boost of confidence with integration between Dell’s PC design and supply chain, Dell is launching a cloud-based version of its Secured Component Verification (SCV) offering. The enhanced solution gives enterprise customers added security assurance that their PCs arrive as they were ordered and built from the factory.
Secured Component Verification on Cloud helps reduce the risk of product tampering of Dell commercial PCs. Dell generates a digital certificate, stored in a secure cloud environment, that documents key PC components in the factory. Upon delivery, IT teams can review the PCs against their corresponding certificates to verify component integrity. This unique offering also allows IT teams to verify an entire PC fleet in a single view versus each device locally, providing an additional layer of security while saving time.
Product Success Accelerator for Cyber Recovery helps protect against attacks
To help organisations prepare for a potential cybersecurity event, Dell is introducing Product Success Accelerator (PSX) for Cyber Recovery. The new service streamlines the implementation and operation of a more secure, isolated Cyber Recovery vault so organisations can protect critical data and maintain business continuity.
Joining Dell’s growing portfolio of cyber recovery solutions and services, PSX for Cyber Recovery is the first standardised, outcome-based service available within the new PSX family. Companies can choose from three levels of assistance based on their needs.
- Ready includes planning workshops, installation and configuration of a Dell Cyber Recovery vault, a runbook, a success plan and cybersecurity skills training
- Optimise adds quarterly vault assessments, recommendations for the environment, including updates, patches and policies, and assisted restore test simulations.
- Operate adds ongoing operational assistance to monitor and investigate activity, initiate corrective actions and provide support in the event of a cyberattack.
“We are seeing huge interest in our cyber-related services in EMEA, particularly with medium-sized businesses. Customers recognise that traditional perimeter defences are ineffective against increasingly sophisticated ransomware attacks and MDR Pro Plus makes it easier to understand, purchase and enable protection.”
- Dell Managed Detection and Response Pro Plus is now globally available directly and through channel partners.
- Incident Recovery Care is now available in North America.
- Dell SafeGuard and Response with CrowdStrike is now globally available.
- Dell Secured Component Verification on Cloud will be available globally for Dell commercial PCs in May.
- Dell Product Success Accelerator for Cyber Recovery is now available directly and through channel partners in North America.