Supersonic says its decision to use WhatsApp was based on using an asynchronous communication service rather than a more invasive telephone or call centre option. “Not only do we converse with our customers via WhatsApp, but we’re able to share pictures and videos with them, which is particularly helpful with support related queries, and we’re able to do it in real time,” says Calvin Collett, Managing Director for Supersonic.
Platform: Anyone able to sign up with MTN’s Supersonic fibre Internet connection
Expect to pay: Payments are dependent on the subscription signed up for
Stockists: Visit the Supersonic website here for more information
Samsung Pay with the Discover Tab
Samsung Pay, celebrating its first anniversary, has a range of banking partners, including Absa, Standard Bank, Discovery Bank, Investec and FNB, and has passed one million transactions. Now, with its most recent software upgrade, it has introduced a Discover Tab, which gives users access to more features and promotions.
Samsung is also running an referral promotion, where users are encouraged to refer family and friends for the chance to be in Samsung Pay’s weekly draw. The process is simple and automated:
• A Samsung Pay user goes into Samsung Pay
• They accept the T&C of the referral promo
• The customer gets a unique code that can be forwarded to friends and family
• For every new customer that activates Samsung Pay with the unique code, the customer gets an entry into the weekly draw
• The referral promo runs until the end of September.
Platform: Most Samsung devices.
Expect to pay: A free download.
Stockists: Download the Samsung pay app here.