The West African Gaming Expo 2016 (WAGE 16) returns to Lagos this November with a focus on training prospective game developers.
WAGE is the only technology conference and exhibition in West Africa focusing on animation, video, mobile games and related products. The three-day event will consist of a one-day conference and exhibition and a two-day game development training workshop in locations across Lagos State.
“WAGE aims to connect the best, brightest, and most innovative professionals in the interactive entertainment industry,” according to the organisers. “Leading-edge companies, groundbreaking new technologies and never-before-seen products will be showcased.”
The WAGE 16 conference also aims to educate attendees on steps they need to take to be successful in the global gaming industry, and on the tools and resources available to developers working in the region. It will create a networking atmosphere where potential game developers can learn and meet the experts.
WAGE 16 will introduce educational gaming, game designing, game development and game playing to the local African community. It will educate them on generating revenue from gaming and lower the barrier to entry for games distributors and publishers.
The organisers provided the folliowing information on the event:
Game Developers session
WAGE 16 developers session gives participants the opportunity to showcase their expertise in the industry they work in.
We are looking to attract Participants that will :
- Showcase research and projects carried out by their organization or partners
- Register attendees for associations / schools / consumer registrations etc .
- Exhibit data / statistics and much more to do with gaming, animation and the technology industry in general.
- Showcase big data
Some of the activities available to participants at the WAGE expo are
- New Game Release
- New product launch
- E Gaming
- Code school for children
- Mobile Games Tournaments and Competitions
- Prize give aways
- Console games
- Console games tournament and competitions
- Meet and greet your customers
- Sell your services and product
- Have your own VIP section for your clients / developers at WAGE 16
- Product endorsement by WAGE 16
- Host networking event