Terminator: Resistance is a single player first-person shooter developed by Teyon. It features an original story based on the film rights for legendary motion-pictures ‘The Terminator’ and ‘T2: Judgment Day’. It takes place in a post-apocalyptic Los Angeles, nearly 30 years after Judgment Day, and expands upon the Future War glimpsed in the Terminator films made by James Cameron.
It introduces a new hero, Jacob Rivers, a soldier in the Resistance Pacific Division. Despite the fact that Jacob is just a private, he’ll soon discover that he’s been targeted by the latest threat from Skynet and marked for termination. Skynet may be destined to lose this war, but at what cost to Jacob? Experience the events leading up to the decisive final battle, smash Skynet’s Defence Grid and help decide the fate of mankind in the war against the machines.
- Resist the machines. Fight against a selection of iconic enemies from the films, including the T-800, as well as a host of enemies that are brand new to the Terminator universe.
- Equip an arsenal of plasma weaponry to run and gun or sneak and hack through sprawling environments. The world isn’t as forgiving as it used to be so you’ll need to search for scraps to trade and craft.
- Choose the kind of hero you want to be by levelling up your skills while exploring post-Apocalyptic Los Angeles. Complete story missions to rise through the ranks of the Resistance as well as side-quests to help your friends.
- Change the fate of mankind. Protect a motley crew of survivors, each with their own motivations and backstories. The actions you take throughout the game will impact their survival and change the ending you get.
- The actions you take throughout the game will impact their survival and change the ending you get. Link to website http://www.TerminatorVideoGame.com
SuperEpic to launch limited edition physical edition
The critically-acclaimed indie action game, SuperEpic, will be offering a limited edition physical version of the game with special goodies inside on 20 March.
Numskull Games has announced that SuperEpic, a Metroidvania-style adventure game from indie developer Undercoders, is coming to retail for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on 20 March.
Taking the helm of a raccoon and a burger-eating llama, players embark on a quest to save video games as we know them by ramming into the headquarters of RegnantCorp – a video game development company that controls an Orwellian society by addicting citizens to their free games.
SuperEpic is a non-linear, fast-paced action adventure game, heavy on exploration and combo-based combat. Uncover a conspiracy as you explore a surreal castle-like office full of enemies, challenges, secrets, and corporate pigs.
The SuperEpic: Badge Collector’s Edition includes a physical copy of the game for either PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch, as well as a collector’s display box featuring 6 high quality pin badges, based on characters from the hit indie game.
The game is limited to 5,000 copies on the Nintendo Switch and 3,000 copies on the PS4, so this is sure to be a sought-after collector’s item.
Continuing the satirical theme on microtransactions, levelling and powering up is based on an in-game economy system (there aren’t any real-life microtransactions, of course)
Numskull games provided the following information on features:
- Two game modes – play a classic single-player story mode with handcrafted levels, or a rogue-like mode which procedurally generates the game map to make each run completely different
- Cross-media experience – hidden QR codes launch mini-games to play on your mobile when scanned, uncovering secrets in the main game
- 8 hours of gameplay – a first run on the story mode will take roughly 8 hours, but the procedural mode provides endless fun
- 16-bit era graphics – super fluid animations and spectacular bosses, all represented in gorgeous ‘Neo-Geo’-esque 16-bit pixel art
- Original storyline and soundtrack – a story featuring unique, strong characters with plenty of humour and personality, and a soundtrack from SonoTrigger (‘Rise & Shine’, ‘Blue & Bullets’, ‘Supermagical’)
- Completionists – tons of achievements & secrets to unlock for completionists
- Micro-transaction satire – satirises modern gaming practices, with a huge enterprise run by greedy business-pigs which has gradually replaced all the fun in video games with adaptative and addictive algorithms to control people’s minds
- Latest patch on disc/cartridge – the latest update, which includes improvements to the map system, are included on the physical versions for collectors and preservationists
SuperEpic is available digitally on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC now. The Badge Collector’s Edition & standard physical edition for PS4/Switch are available stores including Geek Store, Amazon, and Game UK on 20 March.
TikTok and WEF promote inclusion
TikTok, the short-video platform for smartphones, has launched a challenge to promote inclusion and diversity during the World Economic Forum meeting in Davos this month.
TikTok, the leading destination for short-form mobile video, has launched a #AllTheDifference challenge in collaboration with the World Economic Forum, to promote inclusion and diversity while leaders of state and business meet in Davos to discuss inclusive societies.
The challenge started on 21 January and will end on 27 January, so TikTok users in 75+ global markets, including South Africa, are invited to celebrate inclusion and diversity by joining the #AllTheDifference challenge. An “I say” sticker will be available to help TikTok users express themselves bravely and creatively.
As a platform to inspire creativity and bring joy, TikTok hopes to celebrate the differences that make up its diverse community, why their voices need to be heard and the efforts they have made to make the world a more tolerant place.
Lawyer, activist, and model Thando Hopa has joined the challenge by posting a video using the “I Say” sticker, to highlight how being unique is larger than life and future-proof.
Popular TikTok creators, @kelly_kikx and @aaron_perry, have also joined the challenge to showcase what being unique and defying the odds means to them. Take a look:
Follow World Economic Forum on TikTok and show us how your stories make #AllTheDifference.