Independent developer and publisher Blue Isle Studios in partnership with Virtual Basement have announced plans to release a new fantastical competitive Quidditch sports game, Broomstick League, coming soon to Steam Early Access.
In Broomstick League, players take to the sky to compete against other would be wizards from around the world in a fast paced, high flying, trick shot scoring, all-out battle for supremacy of the skies.
The first hands-on, playable version of Broomstick League will debut at TwitchCon 2019, running from 27 to 29 September in San Diego.
In Broomstick League, players divide into teams and zoom across massive arenas atop their trusty broomsticks in an effort to grab the magical orb, outmaneuver other players and score a goal. Equipped with a broomstick and wand, players must hone their flying skills and use magic to dodge enemies, defend their goal and make extraordinary plays.
Players compete against friends online and use a combination of fast reflexes, teammate assists and magical spells in an effort to become the champion by scoring in one of the two goals on their opponents. Broomstick League features endless combos of plays with no two matches ever the same.
Broomstick League key features:
- Fast Paced Matches: Play 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 with friends or matchmake online with opponents from around the world. Form magical teams to see who will dominate the flying arena.
- Reflexive and Fantastical Gameplay: Pick up speed while dive bombing to fly past a defender. Cast a spell on your opponent to blast the ball away or use the blink spell and teleport to a more favorable position. Surprise your enemies and gain the advantage.
- Character Customization: Personalize the look of your witch or wizard with a deep pool of creative options. Unlock new broomsticks, wands, and perform a variety of taunts and dance moves to rattle your opponents in the arena.
- Mystical Arenas: Experience high flying sports action within fantastical arenas brimming with magic. Battle it out with giant trolls lurking in the background or score impressive goals while floating on the back of massive flying creatures.
- Player Progression and Stats: Track your progress with leaderboards, stat tracking and player levelling system to prove you are the most spellbinding broomstick pilot in the land.
SuperEpic to launch limited edition physical edition
The critically-acclaimed indie action game, SuperEpic, will be offering a limited edition physical version of the game with special goodies inside on 20 March.
Numskull Games has announced that SuperEpic, a Metroidvania-style adventure game from indie developer Undercoders, is coming to retail for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on 20 March.
Taking the helm of a raccoon and a burger-eating llama, players embark on a quest to save video games as we know them by ramming into the headquarters of RegnantCorp – a video game development company that controls an Orwellian society by addicting citizens to their free games.
SuperEpic is a non-linear, fast-paced action adventure game, heavy on exploration and combo-based combat. Uncover a conspiracy as you explore a surreal castle-like office full of enemies, challenges, secrets, and corporate pigs.
The SuperEpic: Badge Collector’s Edition includes a physical copy of the game for either PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch, as well as a collector’s display box featuring 6 high quality pin badges, based on characters from the hit indie game.
The game is limited to 5,000 copies on the Nintendo Switch and 3,000 copies on the PS4, so this is sure to be a sought-after collector’s item.
Continuing the satirical theme on microtransactions, levelling and powering up is based on an in-game economy system (there aren’t any real-life microtransactions, of course)
Numskull games provided the following information on features:
- Two game modes – play a classic single-player story mode with handcrafted levels, or a rogue-like mode which procedurally generates the game map to make each run completely different
- Cross-media experience – hidden QR codes launch mini-games to play on your mobile when scanned, uncovering secrets in the main game
- 8 hours of gameplay – a first run on the story mode will take roughly 8 hours, but the procedural mode provides endless fun
- 16-bit era graphics – super fluid animations and spectacular bosses, all represented in gorgeous ‘Neo-Geo’-esque 16-bit pixel art
- Original storyline and soundtrack – a story featuring unique, strong characters with plenty of humour and personality, and a soundtrack from SonoTrigger (‘Rise & Shine’, ‘Blue & Bullets’, ‘Supermagical’)
- Completionists – tons of achievements & secrets to unlock for completionists
- Micro-transaction satire – satirises modern gaming practices, with a huge enterprise run by greedy business-pigs which has gradually replaced all the fun in video games with adaptative and addictive algorithms to control people’s minds
- Latest patch on disc/cartridge – the latest update, which includes improvements to the map system, are included on the physical versions for collectors and preservationists
SuperEpic is available digitally on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC now. The Badge Collector’s Edition & standard physical edition for PS4/Switch are available stores including Geek Store, Amazon, and Game UK on 20 March.
TikTok and WEF promote inclusion
TikTok, the short-video platform for smartphones, has launched a challenge to promote inclusion and diversity during the World Economic Forum meeting in Davos this month.
TikTok, the leading destination for short-form mobile video, has launched a #AllTheDifference challenge in collaboration with the World Economic Forum, to promote inclusion and diversity while leaders of state and business meet in Davos to discuss inclusive societies.
The challenge started on 21 January and will end on 27 January, so TikTok users in 75+ global markets, including South Africa, are invited to celebrate inclusion and diversity by joining the #AllTheDifference challenge. An “I say” sticker will be available to help TikTok users express themselves bravely and creatively.
As a platform to inspire creativity and bring joy, TikTok hopes to celebrate the differences that make up its diverse community, why their voices need to be heard and the efforts they have made to make the world a more tolerant place.
Lawyer, activist, and model Thando Hopa has joined the challenge by posting a video using the “I Say” sticker, to highlight how being unique is larger than life and future-proof.
Popular TikTok creators, @kelly_kikx and @aaron_perry, have also joined the challenge to showcase what being unique and defying the odds means to them. Take a look:
Follow World Economic Forum on TikTok and show us how your stories make #AllTheDifference.