Independent developer and publisher Blue Isle Studios in partnership with Virtual Basement have announced plans to release a new fantastical competitive Quidditch sports game, Broomstick League, coming soon to Steam Early Access.
In Broomstick League, players take to the sky to compete against other would be wizards from around the world in a fast paced, high flying, trick shot scoring, all-out battle for supremacy of the skies.
The first hands-on, playable version of Broomstick League will debut at TwitchCon 2019, running from 27 to 29 September in San Diego.
In Broomstick League, players divide into teams and zoom across massive arenas atop their trusty broomsticks in an effort to grab the magical orb, outmaneuver other players and score a goal. Equipped with a broomstick and wand, players must hone their flying skills and use magic to dodge enemies, defend their goal and make extraordinary plays.
Players compete against friends online and use a combination of fast reflexes, teammate assists and magical spells in an effort to become the champion by scoring in one of the two goals on their opponents. Broomstick League features endless combos of plays with no two matches ever the same.
Broomstick League key features:
- Fast Paced Matches: Play 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 with friends or matchmake online with opponents from around the world. Form magical teams to see who will dominate the flying arena.
- Reflexive and Fantastical Gameplay: Pick up speed while dive bombing to fly past a defender. Cast a spell on your opponent to blast the ball away or use the blink spell and teleport to a more favorable position. Surprise your enemies and gain the advantage.
- Character Customization: Personalize the look of your witch or wizard with a deep pool of creative options. Unlock new broomsticks, wands, and perform a variety of taunts and dance moves to rattle your opponents in the arena.
- Mystical Arenas: Experience high flying sports action within fantastical arenas brimming with magic. Battle it out with giant trolls lurking in the background or score impressive goals while floating on the back of massive flying creatures.
- Player Progression and Stats: Track your progress with leaderboards, stat tracking and player levelling system to prove you are the most spellbinding broomstick pilot in the land.