Fitbit has announced an outdoor bike tracking feature for Fitbit Surge users, which allows them to monitor distance, duration, average speed as well as their heart rate and calories burnt.
Fitbit has announced outdoor bike (road, mountain and BMX) tracking for Fitbit Surge users. Bike-tracking leverages GPS and other sensors on the device to allow riders to see distance, duration, average speed, heart rate, calories burned and the time; stats automatically sync wirelessly to the Fitbit app dashboard to review routes, speed and elevation in more detail. The Fitbit Surge now tracks all of these multi-sport activities and captures activity data in one place with easy to read historical charts and graphs.
Fitbit Surge offers the best of GPS, continuous wrist-based heart rate, all-day fitness tracking and smartwatch functionality in one device, with up to seven days of battery life. Multi-sport mode allow users to easily record running, cross training, cardio and now biking workouts – which automatically sync wirelessly to users’ accounts where they can easily view their exercise summaries.
- Multiple Sport Mode – Track and view workout summaries for up to seven exercises that can be added to a device for easy tracking, including Bike (new), Run, Hike, Weights, Yoga, Bootcamp and more.
- Superior Heart Rate Tracking Technology – Continuous, automatic wrist-based heart rate tracking with Fitbit’s PurePulse optical heart rate technology to motivate users to maintain workout intensity, more accurately track calorie-burn, as well as hit fat burn, cardio and peak intensity with simplified heart rate zones and track resting heart rate over time. All this is done without wearing an uncomfortable chest strap.
- Industry-leading battery life – Up to 7 days of battery life (168 hours for heart rate, 5 hours GPS) to track everything from the work week, a full marathon or a rigorous mountain bike trek on one charge; Fitbit is working to deliver even longer GPS battery life.
- Real-time comprehensive bike stats – Distance, duration, average speed, heart rate, and calories burned right on the wrist.
- Bike exercise summaries on the app – Map preview of route, distance, duration, average speed, heart rate, calories burned, active minutes and ride impact on daily stats on the Fitbit app or web dashboard.
- Additional bike stat details on web dashboard – Thorough map and graphs with a by-the-second view into speed, heart rate, heart rate zones and calorie burn for each ride; elevation profile gives insight into intensity of ride.
- Bike exercise historical progress – Cyclists can challenge themselves to improve their stats by monitoring frequency, distance, duration, time in heart rate zones and calories burned for past rides.
Fitbit has also announced Multi-Tracker Support, which lets users seamlessly switch between Fitbit trackers throughout their day or week, so they can use the right tracker for any occasion. Users will now be able to pair up to six Fitbit trackers (one of each model) and MobileTrack (iOS only) to a single Fitbit account:
- Once multiple trackers are paired to an account, Fitbit will automatically detect when a user switches from one tracker to another, with no buttons to push on the device or the app;
- For users who want to wear a more discreet Fitbit One to work, or Fitbit Surge for a run, all of their steps will be seamlessly captured on their Fitbit dashboard;
- Users with a compatible mobile device can also use MobileTrack as a tracker to fill in the gaps if they leave their tracker at home or forget to charge it
The Fitbit Surge is available from iStore and Dion Wired at a recommended retail price of R3 999. Fitbit Surge bike-tracking is now available to all Fitbit Surge users.
* Follow Gadget on Twitter on @GadgetZA
Gaming2 days ago
Steam gets PC gaming handheld, but …
Product of the Day2 days ago
Kyocera unveils two new A3 printers
Stream of the Day2 days ago
Outsider: After Life – Out now on Steam
Movie of the Week1 day ago
Disney releases Encanto trailer
Business Tech1 day ago
Business needs single view of customer communication
Stream of the Day24 hours ago
Olympics streaming live on DStv app and Showmax Pro
Product of the Day19 hours ago
Mercedes-Benz unveils electric eActros trucks
Cars22 hours ago
SA online car searches top 319m in 6 months