Sold Out games has announced that it has partnered with No More Robots to release the physical version of extreme downhill biking game Descenders on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, which will release with the digital versions on these formats this year.
From the developers of Action Henk, Descenders is extreme downhill mountain biking, with procedurally generated worlds where mistakes have real consequences.
No More Robots provided the following information on features
- Procedurally generated worlds: Take on different jumps, slopes and hillbombs every time you play
- Freestyle bike controls: Control every subtle movement of your rider, with an in-depth physics system made for slick whips and scrubs
- Rogue-Bike: Earn special mutators each time you play, and work out which abilities work best for your riding style
- Build your Rep: A fully-featured online Rep system lets you show off your worth, and earn new bikes and threads
- Fully licensed soundtrack: Partnering with drum & bass label Liquicity to deliver the perfect soundtrack for hitting the mountains
- Become the next Descender: Can you survive the game in a single run, and reach the ranks of the legendary Descenders?
“We’re extremely excited to work with Sold Out on the retail releases for Descenders,” says Mike Rose, Company Director at No More Robots. “Our players have been begging us for a physical release for a while now, so getting to work with Sold Out on a worldwide retail release is essentially fulfilling a long-standing dream for all of us.”
Garry Williams, CEO of Sold Out, says: “Descenders is an awesome fast-paced game which players love on digital platforms, so we’re thrilled to be partnering with No More Robots to release the physical editions on PS4 and Nintendo Switch at retail.”
Descenders will be available physically and digitally on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in later in 2020. Look out for more information to be announced soon at https://www.descendersgame.com/
Spirit of the North comes to Switch and PC
A Nordic-inspired adventure game, Spirit of the North, will be released on PC and Nintendo Switch later this year.
Merge Games have announced a partnership with Infuse Studio to bring the emotional exploration-puzzle adventure, Spirit of the North, to Nintendo Switch and PC later this year.
Spirit of the North is a single-player, 3rd-person adventure game inspired by the breath-taking and mysterious landscapes of Iceland. The story takes root from various pieces of Nordic folklore.
Breathe in the surroundings to solve various puzzles and speculate the meaning of a lost ancient civilisation. With the help of a companion, shed light on the ruins of the past and overcome obstacles.
Play as an ordinary red fox whose story becomes entwined with the guardian of the Northern Lights, a female spirit fox. As players journey over the mountains and under red-stained skies, they will discover more about their companion and a land left in ruin. Traverse tundra, glaciers, and mountainsides as they follow a foreboding scarlet trail that paints the sky.
- Make your way across stunning landscapes, on an emotionally stirring journey.
- Solve environmental puzzles to change the world around you, using ancient powers bestowed upon you by the guardian of the Northern Lights.
- Follow the mysterious Spirit Fox across a land left in ruin as you discover more about a lost civilization.
- Moving orchestral soundtrack featuring 14 original compositions.
To find out more about the game, visit here: mergegames.com/spirit-of-the-north
Crash Team Racing gets Grand Prix season
The Crash Bandicoot-themed racing game, Crash Team Racing, gets a downloadable content pack with 50 more kart bodies and 51 new characters.
The villainous Nitros Oxide has decided earth is no longer of interest, and has challenged Crash and team to one last epic battle on his home planet in the Gasmoxia Grand Prix.
During this toxic race to the finish, players will challenge each other on an epic new track high up in Gasmoxia’s atmosphere, where two rival fast-food conglomerates are battling it out for planet domination (and a CTR TV sponsorship). New skins, karts, an imperious new character to unlock and a new track to conquer, touted as the most technical track ever assembled in Crash Team Racing – players will have a wild ride in this Grand Prix season.
New characters: As if Oxide’s presence wasn’t enough, he’s enlisted help from the Galaxy’s self-proclaimed ruler, Emperor Velo. Unlock this devious new character in the Nitro Gauge.
New time trials: Velo isn’t just making an appearance this season, he’s providing a new challenge in Time Trials.
New karts: Your intergalactic ride awaits. Unlock three hovering new karts this season: the Void Manta, the Velo Chopper, and the retro-vibing Galactic Cruiser.
Pit stop items: When in Gasmoxia, do as the Gasmoxians do. Look like a local with a wide array of new Pit Stop items to swag out your racer and kart in the space-adventuring theme of the planet.
The Gasmoxia Grand Prix season is set to go live this today, 20 February, at 5 PM SAST. With the launch of the Gasmoxia Grand Prix this week, Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled boasts a total of eight Grand Prix seasons, 40 racetracks, 12 Battle Arenas and more than 50 characters.