This month Gadget is giving away two LG Optimus One smartphones. This was one of the first smartphones to feature the Android 2.2 operating system, one of the most reliable on the market. It also offers seven hours of talk time and up to 550 hours of standby time ‚ on a single battery charge. Find out how you can be in line to be one of the winners.
Launched late last year, LG’s Optimus One is one of the cheapest smartphones available in South Africa. At the time, it was also one of the first phones to come pre-installed with Android’s 2.2 operating system, also known as Froyo.
When Sean Bacher first got a review unit to play around with, he was rather doubtful about how it would compare to other, more expensive models. Out of the box, it looked rather dull, with four cheap-looking buttons placed below the display. However, once he had used it for some time, he was surprised at how well it performed. Which shows, you can’t judge a smartphone until it is up and running.
Now two subscribers to the free Gadget newsletter, Gadget Digest, will be able to experience this surprise for themselves. We will be telling you how to win an LG Optimus One smartphone in the coming editions of the Gadget Digest. If you are not yet a subscriber, read on.
To stand a chance to win an LG Optimus One smartphone, all you have to do is follow these easy steps:
1. Subscribe to our newsletter by filling in your name, surname and e-mail address under “Subscribe to our newsletter”” near the top right of the Gadget home page.
2. Don’t forget to type in the security code that appears alongside the “”Subscribe!”” button. This confirms you are a human being and not a spam robot.
3. Click on “”Subscribe!””
4. Await the next Gadget Digest, which will give you simple details on how to enter the competition.
5. The Gadget Digest appears twice a week, summarising the main stories that have appeared over the past few days.
6. Your details will not be passed on to any third parties, nor used for any unsolicited mailings.
– To read the full review click here