Samsung Electronics South Africa has introduced nine new locally relevant Apps to the Samsung Apps store. The apps will appeal to sports, travel and wildlife enthusiasts as well as users wanting to manage their tablets and smartphones from a central dashboard.
Says Craige Fleischer, Director: Mobile Communications Samsung Electronics South Africa: “In the pursuit to provide technology that is not only cutting edge, but also relevant, we are looking to add Apps that are locally focused and that will add value to our consumers’ lives. The nine new Apps are an extension to this and are great additions to our other proudly South African Apps and 1000’s of internationally sourced best sellers.”
The Apps which cover a variety of topics will appeal to a range of different consumer needs – anything from sports lovers, to travel and wildlife enthusiasts and family members – in fact any person looking for smart and simple Apps that will make their life easier will find something of interest within the Samsung Apps store.
Below is an outline of the nine new Apps that have been added to the Samsung Apps store:
Kickoff Cover Star
Cover App allows you to grace the cover of KICKOFF magazine– Africa’s biggest selling sporting magazine. All you have to do is take a photo of yourself or your friend with your phone, choose the photo from your camera roll, write the headlines for your KICKOFF magazine cover, crop your image to fit and finally publish your new found fame via email or Facebook. Get on the Cover within two minutes and it’s free.
This App allows you to travel into Africa’s most exhilarating and fascinating destinations every two months with Safari interactive magazine. The magazine is packed with exciting videos, sound effects, music and stunning photography. Safari showcases the splendour of Africa’s distinct cultures, cuisines, wildlife and scenery.
The Family Story App allows for easier ways of communicating with your loved ones. This App provides a more private social networking platform where you can connect, communicate and share memories with your family members or close friends, allowing you to be in control of who you add and communicate with within this space. By downloading the Family Story App you can:
· Enjoy family photos: Upload photos and leave comments that family members can view from anywhere via a compatible phone, tablet, PC or smart TV.
· Share messages: Enhance communication by writing a message and instantly showing it to all family members.
· Manage family events: strengthen family bonding by sharing family events/reminders easily with family.
Mobiflock – Parental Control
Mobiflock is your all-in-one safety and security App for smartphones and tablets. It allows you to manage all your smart devices via a web dashboard. Users have to complete the registration process in order to setup the web dashboard properly. Whether it’s keeping your kids safe online or protecting your own smart device. There are two versions of the service to choose from:
· Mobiflock My Life is a free protection service for everyone’s smartphones and tablets. Mobiflock My Life (free) remotely locates and locks a missing device, deletes device info, blocks unwanted contacts, call and sms logs and manages all of your family’s devices from one dashboard
· Mobiflock My Child is for parental control services and protects your kids from online threats such as cyber bullying, accessing inappropriate content, sexual harassment and sexting. The App offers WEB monitoring, APP BLOCKING monitoring and blocking Timetable Maps Alerts by email and sms. Test the mobile parental control service free for 30 days.
South African Business Search is now at your fingertips for rapid discovery of services and places – no matter what you want to locate or where you want to go. The local search allows you to do the following:
• Search businesses quickly by typing or browsing popular categories
• Location Services: pinpoint where you are to deliver relevant, localised search results
• Found what you’re looking for? View on a map, call instantly to get directions and more
• Save your favourite businesses for easy future reference
The Yellow Pages App is your easy to use guide for local business information near you. All you have to do is Click, Flick, Dial, Find.
Sasol eBirds of southern Africa
Sasol eBirds of southern Africa is an electronic interactive field guide. The Sasol eBirds of southern Africa is an interactive version of the best-selling Sasol Birds of southern Africa field guide. This App has specific features that will enhance your birding experience which includes striking images, distribution maps and text descriptions of over 950 bird species found in the southern African region. You can select a region of southern Africa, so that the lists of birds throughout the program display only the birds in your area. ‘Bird Compare’ allows you to compare two birds on the same screen (including calls) and ‘Smart Search’ allows you to easily identify a bird using beak shape, bird size, bird colour and habitat. You will be able to view the Bird Index by English or Afrikaans bird names. This App is great when travelling as the guide truly fits in your pocket.
go! Travel South Africa
Ditch the map and tourist brochures. All you need is go! Travel South Africa. This App has mapped 25 000+ points of interest, including landmarks, nature reserves, restaurants, accommodation options ranging from campsites to hotels, great drives, hiking trails, wine estates, tourist information, shops, services and even adventure activities. This is a one-stop resource for finding out everything you want to know about travelling in South Africa. The app includes free suggested trips that include the best that each of the nine provinces has to offer. On go! Travel South Africa you can:
• Find your way around using our interactive map of South Africa
• Create your own trips by dragging and dropping pins onto a route planner
• Share your trips online with your friends
• View stunning photographs and articles from go! magazine’s award-winning photojournalists
• Follow 50+ suggested itineraries focusing on the best each of the country’s nine provinces has to offer – most popular tourist destinations, places to dine, and restaurant reviews from South Africa’s biggest and most respected restaurant guide, Eat Out
SA Tax Calculator
SA Tax Calculator is a simple Income Tax/Net Income calculator for South Africans. This App calculates the amount of tax that you need to pay on your monthly income along with your Take Home Pay and easily compare it to previous years. Features include:
• Calculate Monthly Tax
• Calculate Take Home Pay
• Tax Tables for previous years
• Graph Tax Comparison
• Compare Monthly Tax to previous years
Bozza features the very best short films, videos, music, poetry and more from the African continent. Follow key artists from Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa and immerse yourself in the rich cultural diversity of the continent
· Follow the online activities of your favourite African artist
· Listen to the latest tracks from Africa and comment
· Enjoy the videos uploaded by fellow users
“Samsung Apps are developed with our consumers in mind and with the new nine additions to the store, of which eight have been developed in South Africa, we are diversifying our Apps to provide consumers with all the information they need, delivering content that is truly relevant to the local market, and delivering convenient and functional options for their mobile lifestyle,” concludes Fleischer.
All Apps can be downloaded on http://www.samsungapps.com/.
* Follow Gadget on Twitter on @gadgetza
email this to a friendnttnntt printer friendly version
Product of the Day4 days ago
Naspers invests R42-m in public transport
People 'n' Issues4 days ago
Loyalty points get tax break
Stream of the Day4 days ago
E3: What to expect from Ubisoft Forward
Product of the Day3 days ago
Opera launches Hype in SA
People 'n' Privacy4 days ago
POPI is NOT coming to get you
Stream of the Day3 days ago
Square Enix summer showcase comes to E3
Gadget of the Week4 days ago
Gadget of the Week: Orboot Interactive Earth Globe
Cybersecurity3 days ago
Biometrics set to replace passwords