Local pricing has been announced for the new Apple TV, which promises an iPad-like experience on a TV screen and will be available in South Africa early November
Core Group has announced that the new Apple TV will be available in Apple Premium Resellers and selected Apple Authorised Resellers from early November.
Apple TV allows viewers access to a wide selection of movies and music from iTunes, and content from YouTube. They can also share personal content onto a big screen via AirPlay, iCloud Photo Sharing, and iMovie Theatre.
The new Apple TV delivers a new experience with Touch and Siri, and powerful new hardware.
According to Apple, key features of the new Apple TV include:
- With Siri and just your voice, it’s easy to find movies, navigate onscreen and control playback
- New Siri Remote with Touch surface makes navigating fast and fluid
- 3D effects make posters, icons and other images pop off the screen and come to life
- Supports popular Apple TV features such as Airplay and Family Sharing
- Available in 32GB or 64GB options to store apps for the whole family
The Recommended Retail Pricing* for the Apple TV is listed below:
|Apple TV (3rd generation)||R1 189|
|New Apple TV 32GB||R2 499|
|New Apple TV 64GB||R3 499|
|Apple TV Remote||R1 299|