Navdy, the world’s first augmented driving device, is now available at iStore in South Africa.
Navdy uses augmented reality (AR) technology to project information, sourced from the smartphone and the car itself, directly in the driver’s line of sight, for a new driving experience.
Navdy’s breakthrough user interface projects a transparent image on the road ahead. It incorporates hand gestures to accept calls with the wave of a hand. A specially engineered dial, which attaches to the steering wheel, allows access to features that let the driver control the phone hands-free. Maps, calls, messages, notifications, music, and car information are projected directly in front of the driver.
“The way we interact with our cars hasn’t changed much in decades, and phones were never designed to be used while driving,” says Navdy CEO, Doug Simpson. “Navdy creates and defines an entirely new augmented driving category, enabling drivers to interact with their phones and cars in a much more immersive, natural, and intuitive way. We’ve developed multiple technologies and an entirely new user interface specifically designed to enhance the driving experience. Navdy fundamentally changes how we interact with useful information while driving.”
Navdy incorporates popular head-up display (HUD) technology, usually offered as a pricey upgrade package in luxury cars, with a groundbreaking user interface, and specially developed software, delivering a far richer driving experience at an accessible price. Since Navdy is portable, consumers can enjoy the Navdy experience in whatever car they currently drive.
Navdy provided the following information. Bear in mind that claims like “never miss a tiurn” cannot be guaranteed:
Navdy’s features include:
• Look Forward Display: rich, full color, fully transparent display with unmatched clarity in any light that projects information into the distance so the road stays in focus. The most advanced display on the road.
• Intuitive Interface: Navdy Hand Gestures are the most natural way to accept a call or message with the simple wave of your hand. The Navdy Dial is the most intuitive way to scroll, zoom and navigate menus fluidly. The Dial also serves as a convenient way to access Siri and Google Now. Never again will you have to hunt through rows of buttons or look down to poke at a touch screen while driving.
• Never Miss a Turn: Navdy’s Projected Navigation system is powered by Google Maps — with maps and directions appearing right in front of you, you’ll never miss a turn again. Only Navdy offers full dynamic maps as a transparent image without obstructing your view of the road. It’s as easy as following the car in front of you and uniquely immersive. With its own high precision GPS chip and local storage of maps, drivers don’t have to worry about losing navigation if they are out of network coverage.
• Stay Connected: Navdy lets you make and receive calls, listen to messages, control music, receive calendar reminders and stay connected to the apps on your phone. Navdy also connects to your car with Navdy Dash to show your speed, RPM and automatically recommend nearby gas stations when your fuel level is low.
• Portable and Storable: works in any car with Navdy’s magnetic mounting system making it effortless to take it with you or store it in the glove box.
• Easy Setup: easy for anyone to set up and get rolling without tools in around 15 minutes.
• Thoughtful Design: crafted from premium materials that blend in seamlessly with your car, adding a touch of sophistication.
Product of the Day2 weeks ago
Naspers invests R42-m in public transport
Product of the Day2 weeks ago
Opera launches Hype in SA
People 'n' Privacy2 weeks ago
POPI is NOT coming to get you
People 'n' Issues2 weeks ago
Loyalty points get tax break
Stream of the Day2 weeks ago
E3: What to expect from Ubisoft Forward
Cybersecurity2 weeks ago
Biometrics set to replace passwords
AppDate2 weeks ago
AppDate: Kaspersky teaches kids digital ethics
Cybersecurity1 week ago
Defend yourself from doxing