Microsoft has announced the Lumia 435 in South Africa, the first in the 400 series and the most affordable Lumia to date.
Microsoft today announced the availability of the Lumia 435 in South Africa retailing from R1 149. The Lumia 435 is the first 400 series Lumia, and the most affordable Lumia yet. With core smartphone features, the best Windows Phone experiences and access to the latest apps, it opens up the Lumia to even more people.
Multi-task seamlessly between websites, leading apps and games, with a 1.2GHz Dual Core processor and 1GB of on-board RAM providing all the power needed
· Switch effortlessly between voice and video calls with built-in Skype integration and a front-facing camera
· Read, review, edit and share on the go with the full Microsoft Office suite coming pre-installed.
· Keep your photos, videos and Office documents safely backed up with 30GB of free OneDrive cloud storage
· Easily manage work and personal correspondence on the fly with Microsoft Outlook
· Capture photos quickly and easily with Lumia Camera
· Have your Home Screen your way with Windows Phone 8.1 and Lumia Denim, complete with one-swipe Action Center, Word Flow and Live Folders.
“It is clear by the unprecedented adoption of smartphones across South Africa that people want a phone that is capable of performing more than just basic tasks, at an affordable price. The advantage of Lumia remains its ability to provide an almost consistent level of usability, even with entry level devices. This performance is supplemented with great integrated offerings like Office, OneDrive and Skype,” says Shaun Durandt, General Manager of Microsoft Mobile Devices, South Africa.
For the month of March, the Microsoft Lumia 435 will be available exclusively at Ackermans, on Vodacom prepaid.
“Whether you’re a first time smartphone owner, or just want more bang for your buck, the Lumia 435 provides everyday smart essentials at a price that Ackermans shoppers will love,” says Corne van der Merwe, Cellular General Manager, Ackermans.
* Follow Gadget on Twitter on @GadgetZA