Canon has introduced the EOS 80D DSLR. The camera features a 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor and uses DIGIC 6 processor.
Canon has introduced the EOS 80D – a powerful, fully equipped DSLR – in South Africa. The company says it’s ideal for enthusiasts who love experimenting with different genres and styles, since the camera is highly customisable and shoots with exceptional speed and ease, making it a versatile camera for capturing striking stills and Full HD movies. It includes a new 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 processor, alongside a new 45 all cross-type point AF system and fast responsive 7 fps shooting rate.
Canon is also unveiling an all-purpose lens – the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM – with new Nano USM technology, and an optional Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1, for smooth zoom control when shooting movies and remote operation via Wi-Fi.
Canon provided the following information:
Whatever subject you’re looking to explore – from sports, to wildlife, or action – the EOS 80D is extremely responsive, excelling in capturing everything in incredible, intricate detail. The new sensor provides stunning clarity and the freedom to crop in, while the new 45 all cross-type point AF system and 7 fps shooting can freeze action with ultimate precision. For pin-point focusing or wide-area tracking, the AF points are individually selectable or grouped into areas, giving you greater control over composition regardless of where your subject is in the frame. When using lens combinations with narrow apertures, 27 f/8 compatible AF points offer focus, in even the most extreme situations.
Designed to shoot in varying light conditions, the camera has a native ISO 100-16,000 range, expandable to ISO 25,600, and the AF system will continue to work even under moonlight (-3EV).
The 7560-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor measures both visible light and invisible infra-red light, giving accurate exposures, while Flicker Detection ensures consistent exposure when shooting under flickering artificial lights. A new White Priority setting also helps you to reduce the appearance of warmer tones.
A camera that adapts to you
The EOS 80D has been meticulously crafted to provide photographers with everything they need. The instinctiveness of the camera’s design means you can easily customise your shooting experience, with conveniently-placed controls giving you access to the most commonly used modes and settings. The Intelligent Viewfinder displays 100% of the frame, as well as the current settings – you can also quickly switch to the 7.7cm (3.0”) Vari-angle Clear View LCD II Touch screen, ideal for movie shooting, Live View mode, or accessing functions quickly.
Become the videographer you aspire to be
Whether you’re creating a travel vlog, or cinematic-style movie, the EOS 80D offers total flexibility with Full HD movie shooting. Achieving accurate auto focus and smooth focus tracking is effortless thanks to Canon’s unique Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology. Both AF speed and AF tracking sensitivity can also be easily adjusted, giving you complete control over the pace and responsiveness of the AF to suit the style of your movie.
Serious videographers can be confident footage will achieve a professional looking result, with the ability to shoot at 60p in MP4 format – perfect for slowing down the action while still controlling focus. The EOS 80D includes both headphone and microphone inputs, allowing you to capture and have full control over audio during a shoot.
Easily connect, shoot remotely and share your work
Enjoy the freedom of remote shooting via your smartphone or tablet using the EOS 80D with Canon’s Camera Connect app. Built-in Wi-Fi and Dynamic NFC connectivity makes it simple to connect with and share full resolution JPEGs to your smart device. You can also connect to and control your camera via a PC, without the need for a home Wi-Fi router, and quickly and easily save, view and share your photos and movies all from one single accessible location using Canon’s Connect Station CS100.
Shoot stunning stills and movies with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM and Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1
To match the versatility of EOS 80D, Canon’s new EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM provides high performance auto-focus for movies and stills with the focal range to shoot wide, or up close, within a single lens. The EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM is the first of Canon’s lenses to feature Nano USM focus technology – delivering smooth, quiet AF for movies and blistering speed for stills. The new Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1 is a compact and lightweight accessory designed for the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM to enable smooth, fingertip zoom control when shooting movies, ideal for capturing professional-looking documentary footage, with the option to control via Wi-Fi.
EOS 80D key features:
· A responsive camera to keep pace with the action
· Stunning photo and movie quality in a wide range of conditions
· Everything you need to develop your photography
· Perfect for creative videography
· Easily connect, shoot and share your images and movies
EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM key features:
· Versatile focal range to capture a wide range of subjects
· Nano USM for fast AF for photos and smooth, quiet movie AF
· Pin sharp photos with 4-stop optical Image Stabilizer
· Record rock steady movie footage with Dynamic IS
· Compact, high performance lens with optional power zoom accessory
Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1 key features:
· Compact and portable Power Zoom Adapter
· High quality smooth zoom when shooting movies
· Ideal for dramatic news and documentary shooting
· Wi-Fi remote control of zoom via Canon Camera Connect app
· Easily adjustable zoom speed for optimum control
Huawei goes ultra-premium
Porsche Design and Huawei have launched the Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS in South Africa exclusive to MTN and retailing for R 26 459.
The Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS boasts features like the world’s first dual fingerprint design, including an in-screen fingerprint sensor, the world’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI) processor and Leica triple camera with 40MP image capture.
“After the overwhelming success of the Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Pro in South Africa, we now bring you our latest offering, a perfect blend of innovation in a smartphone and luxury design,” said Likun Zhao, Vice President of Huawei Consumer Business Group Southern Africa. “From three-point security feature including facial recognition, rear fingerprint scanner and the new innovative in-screen fingerprint to the Leica triple camera system. it culminates in an unprecedented experience for our customers.”
The device incorporates Porsche Design’s signature design language and Huawei’s breakthrough technology. The phone has a 6” 2K curved OLED screen and symmetrical look, minimalist feel and 8-edged 3D curved glass body.
High performance is symbolised by the naming of the smartphone: the term “RS” in the world of Porsche motorsport stands for outstanding racing performance.
Huawei provided the following information on The Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS benefits and features :
· The world’s first dual fingerprint scanner for enhanced convenience, allowing users to wake and unlock the device simply, thanks to an in-screen fingerprint sensor. Hover to wake the device, touch to unlock it
· The winning combination of Leica triple camera with 40MP RGB sensor technology and exceptional photography powered by Master AI. This combination puts effortless, eye-catching photography at the fingertips of those looking to immortalise their favourite moments. Combined with 5 x hybrid zoom, and the world’s first AI image stabilisation on a smartphone camera ensures photography lovers can capture the best shots with exceptional clarity in almost any situation
· The Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS is the first Huawei handset to allow quick wireless charging, making it even easier to keep the phone topped up and ready to go and, thanks to its long lasting battery, users will easily be powered through the busiest of days
· An ‘intelligent’ smartphone, the powerful AI processor automatically tailors the performance of the phone according to how it is used – constantly learning, understanding and anticipating needs, it is the perfect personal assistant for the pocket
· 256GB of internal storage means those constantly on the go and constantly on their phone can be worry free
· Dual SLS (super linear system) speakers with DOLBY ATMOS enable users to have a superior experience, with the best immersive surround sound and entertainment on the go
· Splash, water and dust resistant, which means there is no need to worry about damaging the device in the rain or accidentally dropping it in water
Jan Becker, CEO Porsche Design Group, said: “Both Porsche Design and Huawei seek to imagine and develop products that stand for precision and perfection, intelligent functionality and highly sophisticated design. Our aim was to create an outstanding device that goes one step further. We believe we have reached this goal by taking our partnership to the next level.”
Porsche Design and Huawei have worked in tandem to develop a smartphone that fuses together the two brands’ DNA, wealth of experience in design and technology, industry-leading expertise and exceptional performance. Through the use of colour in the device’s body, software themes and accessories, the new handset is accentuated with Porsche Design’s distinguished aesthetic and purist, minimalist feel.
The Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS will be available to purchase exclusively from MTN at R 26 459.
Cross-channel chat launched
Clickatell has launched a cross-channel live chat service, Touch Go, that transforms omni-channel customer care.
It enables live chat across a company’s website as well as social platforms (Twitter and Facebook) and mobile apps, bringing customer care and engagement into a single business platform.
“Today’s consumers expect to engage with your brand on the digital channel of their choosing,” says Deon van Heerden, Clickatell Engage CEO and Group CFO. “They want to message your business and instantly have queries resolved, find the information and services they are looking for, without the need for a voice call. Clickatell’s Touch Go makes that happen with the right level of capabilities for businesses of all sizes.”
Businesses can start using Touch Go immediately, with a free Starter option. Touch Go requires no credit card for sign-up and is fully featured with a simple setup process. It offers customisable branding, a unified chat desk business application as well as reports and analytics.
As the business scales up its digital customer care, it can opt-in for the Touch Enterprise offering. Touch Enterprise is designed for scaling up customer care efforts through advanced capabilities including AI driven virtual agents, sentiment analysis, automated workflows, enterprise integrations and in-channel mini-applications.
“Customer care has become a defining factor for sustained business success ” says Nirmal Nair, Clickatell Engage EVP Product & Marketing. “In an ever-increasing mobile native world, customers often choose to interact digitally, but they also expect to be able to reach a human immediately, should they need. Monitoring multiple channels and providing immediate action becomes challenging with siloed deployments. Touch’s unified solution allows businesses of all sizes to provide the customer delight in a simple modular approach.”