Motorola Solutions has introduced the latest device in its Convergence Suite of applications that enables push-to-talk, mapping, messaging and other functionality to help bridge radio and LTE.
Responding to the increasing demand for reliable, nationwide, professional mobile radio networks, Motorola Solutions has introduced WAVE 7000 to a marketplace that requires high-performance Push-To-Talk (PTT) across broadband and professional mobile radio (PMR) networks to keep teams connected.
With public safety agencies increasingly reliant on smart devices and data, many countries are looking to set up nationwide broadband PTT networks to augment their communications networks. Until now, the challenge has been creating those networks while maintaining
interoperability with fully established networks such as PMR. WAVE 7000 combines Motorola Solutions’ best-in-class LMR integration with a high-performance PTT solution that supports millions of users.
LTE service providers can also use WAVE 7000 to provide a new service to their current customers, unlock new customer bases and increase their revenue by providing subscribers with high-performance PTT.
“Many of our customers expect that their networks over the next 20 years will be comprised of a combination of LMR and LTE systems,” said Jeff Spaeth, vice president of Systems and Software Enablement at Motorola Solutions. “With WAVE 7000, customers are provided a unified experience across LMR and LTE that will keep teams connected no matter the network.”
The WAVE 7000 solution will enable PTT capabilities on the new ESN public safety communications system as part of Motorola Solutions´ contract with the UK Home Office. The company is the provider of user services for the new LTE-based broadband network which 300;000 emergency and public service users at more than 300 agencies across Great Britain will rely on.
WAVE 7000 is the latest release of a wider portfolio that enables groups using any combination of smartphones, radios or other devices to communicate seamlessly. Along with high reliability and industry-leading call quality, WAVE 7000 also has high-performance features:
* Network-level priority and preemption that ensure high-priority PTT calls get through even when an LTE network gets congested, which is critical for public safety customers;
* Emergency calls, ambient listening and hardware-based encryption, along with other features custom designed for public safety users;
* A roadmap to meet 3GPP Release 13 standards called “Mission-Critical PTT”;
* Combined with Motorola Solutions’ Convergence Suite, unified PTT, mapping, messaging and other functions across LMR and LTE;
* Support for hundreds of thousands of users on a single server and millions with server clustering;
* Unsurpassed availability through local and geo redundancy options;
* Flexible PTT call types including emergency, broadcast, group and private calls.
With the increasing mobility in teams and need for constant connectivity, push-to-talk communications are more important than ever. Many customers look to leverage both LMR and LTE for enhanced coverage, reliability and flexibility. WAVE 7000 provides a clear solution, with unified, secure PTT so users can communicate across any network on any device.