The fourth Witch War is a time of fanatical religious fervour. The Sacred Office, a powerful organisation leading an Inquisition against heresy, purges the sinners who threaten humanity. Those responsible for conducting a mysterious ceremony that contradicts the rules of the Church are labelled “witches.”
Set forth with Sisters Semilla and Fran, missionaries in the Church’s service, on their journey to thwart the witches’ ceremony and protect the common-folk from heresy that endangers the status quo.
Minoria is the latest game from Bombservice, the studio behind the Momodora series. Fans of Momodora will find familiar aspects in the design and gameplay elements as they master the ins-and-outs of parries, dodges, and a variety of different spells. The presentation has evolved into an HD format, with aesthetics mixing 2D hand-painted backgrounds and cel-shaded characters.
Minoria creator rdein says: “For the first time in many years, I started a game project set in a new universe. It felt like a breath of fresh air for me. With that said, Minoria does contain some similarities with my previous projects (especially Momodora’s latest instalment, Reverie Under the Moonlight). I am proud of what we’ve been making for Minoria, and I hope you will enjoy the story and characters I’ve prepared this time around!”
– A powerful fantasy story inspired by the history of medieval Europe
– A striking visual aesthetic combining hand-painted 2D art with cel-shading
– Fluid controls encouraging careful engagement and patient play
– Offensive combat enabling players to crush enemies with a mix of swordplay and spells
– Defensive options including dodge-rolls and parries
– A levelling system that helps players adjust their character to their desired difficulty
The game will be available on Steam for PC on 27 August.