Amazon has announced its Fire 7 tablet, built from the ground up for entertainment. The new tablet features a faster processor; 16 GB of internal storage for users to enjoy more videos, music, games, and books on-the-go; and hands-free access to Alexa.
The tablet will cost $50 and is available in Black and 3 new colours: Sage, Plum, and Twilight Blue. As an introductory offer, customers who preorder the tablet before June 6 will receive a $10 credit to buy apps and games from the Amazon Appstore.
“Fire 7 is our best-selling tablet with tens of millions sold,” said Kevin Keith, vice president of Amazon Devices. “For under $50, we’re making it even better for customers with a faster processor and twice the storage, so customers can enjoy even more of their favorite entertainment at home and on-the-go. And, with hands-free access to Alexa on Fire 7, it’s never been easier to get the news, find a recipe, play music, and more.”
The Fire 7 includes:
- Faster processor—With a quad-core 1.3 GHz processor, quickly switch between apps, stream movies, and browse the web.
- 2x the storage—Fire 7 is now available with 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage, plus support for up to 512 GB of expandable storage via microSD card.
- Alexa hands-free—When connected to Wi-Fi, users can ask Alexa to check the basketball score, get a recipe, watch a movie, and more – using voice command, even when your screen is on standby.
- Crisp and vivid display—Amazon’s lightest tablet features a high quality 7” IPS display for accurate colour reproduction that looks good at all angles.
- Durability—As measured in tumble tests, Fire 7 is two times more durable as the latest iPad mini, and stands up against drops, tumbles, spills, and everyday wear and tear.
- Battery life—Delivers up to 7 hours of reading, listening to music, watching TV shows or movies, and browsing the web.
- Front- and rear-facing cameras—Video chat with friends and family with the HD 720p front-facing camera. Take and share photos and save them for later with free, unlimited cloud storage.
- Fast Wi–Fi connectivity—Dual-band Wi-Fi support for seamless video streaming.
- Amazon-exclusive features—ASAP, For You, X-Ray, Second Screen, Amazon FreeTime, Family Library, Blue Shade, On Deck, Prime Video downloads, and more. For more information, click here.
- Amazon FreeTime—With award-winning parental controls, parents can use Amazon FreeTime to create child profiles to limit screen time, set educational goals, and manage content. FreeTime is free on every Fire tablet—or subscribe to Amazon FreeTime Unlimited to access over 20,000 titles.
- Screen Sharing—Let an Amazon expert guide you remotely through any feature on your screen, available 24×7, 365 days a year—for free.
The new Fire 7 comes in Black, Sage, Plum, and Twilight Blue and costs $50. Cases for the tablet are available in Charcoal Black, Sage, Plum, Twilight Blue, and Desert Orange, can stand in both landscape and portrait orientations, and retail for $25.
In addition to the Fire 7, Amazon has introduced the Fire 7 Kids Edition, available for pre-order for $100. More information is available at www.amazon.com/Fire7KidsEdition.