Ahead of the global release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the first standalone Star Wars film, Gillette and Lucasfilm are bringing to life the stories that live behind every face.
As Rogue One features the story behind the brave Rebels, Gillette’s story is about the power behind each and every guy’s face as he prepares for the challenges of the day. There is power in the look guys choose to craft because, when everything else is stripped away, the face is how each and every guy communicates his story.
Unveiling “Every Story Has a Face”
Gillette’s “Every Story Has a Face” campaign will kick off on November 1, 2016 with a long-form spot on cinema and iVideo linking the stories of the unknown faces within the Star Wars universe with the underlying truth that every person’s face conveys their story through the look they choose to craft.
“It is incredibly exciting to work with such an iconic movie franchise that connects with our guys and celebrates the story behind each man’s face and chosen look,” said John Mang, Vice President, Global Gillette. “As the world’s leading male grooming brand, Gillette products ensure guys can craft their story in order to take on the journey ahead – no matter what challenges it may bring.”
The campaign will feature some of the most iconic assets from both worlds, including one of a kind, special edition Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Special Edition Gift Packs that feature iconic package designs and Gillette products that give every man the precision needed to take on the Galaxy. Available in all modern trade stores, this pack features two custom pack designs with iconic Star Wars assets and is the perfect way to ensure guys craft and convey the story they want the world to see.
Win a Poster Heater with Gadget and Takealot.com
This winter Gadget and Takealot.com are giving away three Poster Heaters, which look like posters but become heaters when you plug them in.
Three Gadget readers will each win a unit, valued at R550 each. To enter, follow @GadgetZA and @Takealot on Twitter and tell us on the @GadgetZA account how many Watts the heater consumes.
What’s the big deal about these heaters? Many of us are struggling to keep the balance between soaring electricity costs and the need to keep warm this winter.
However, the recently launched Poster Heater by EasyHeat and distributed in South Africa by Takealot.com is not only one of the most cost effective electric heaters currently on the market, it is also easy to setup and use.
As the name indicates, it is a poster similar to one you would hang on a wall. But, plug it in and it turns into a 300 Watt heater. The Poster Heater isn’t designed to heat hallways or large rooms, but rather smaller ones like a bedroom or a baby’s nursery or a dressing room.
It uses radiant heating, which means that it heats up in a couple of minutes and the heat is directed at the objects or people around it, quickly taking the chill out of the air and providing a comfortable ambient temperature.
The other advantage of radiant heating is that it doesn’t dry out the air like infrared or gas heaters. Users also don’t have to worry about their children or pets getting too close to it because, even though it gets hot, it can be touched.
To enter the competition follow the steps below:
Competition entry details:
3. The competition closes on 31 July 2018.
4. Winners will be notified via Twitter on 1 August and Takealot.com will be in touch to organise delivery.
5. The competition is only open to South African residents.
Happy Emoji Day! Here’s 10 reasons to be cheerful
First created by Shigetaka Kurita in 1999, the emoji has become a huge part of everyday communication. Whether you love them or hate them, flying dollar bills, applauding hands and rolling eyes are here to stay.
Scientist suggest that the use of emojis will help us gain the same satisfaction from digital interactions as we enjoy from personal contact.
Almost two decades later, and we have over 2600 unique emojis to perfectly express what we feel, thank you Mr Kurita! Join HMD, the home of Nokia phones as we celebrate World Emoji Day on the 17th of July with these interesting emoji facts:
The most popular emoji used is “Person Shrugging”
1. The Nokia 3310 was chosen as one of the first 3 “National” emojis for Finland… it represents unbreakable!
2. South Africa’s favourite emoji is the “Kiss and wink”… how sweet SA!
3. French is the only language where a ‘smiley’ does not top the list for its use
4. On average, over 60 billion emojis are sent on Facebook every day
5. For the first time ever, the Oxford Dictionaries Word of the Year was a pictograph! The “Face with Tears of Joy” was crowned word of the year in 2015
6. According to Emojipedia, some of the most requested emoji’s include afro, a bagel and hands making a heart
7. To include all races, a diversity pack was released in 2017
8. It has become so trendy that the Museum of Modern Art displays the original emoji collection on canvas
9. In 2009, Herman Melville’s classic Moby Dick was completely translated into emoji’s