Nespresso has “combined coffee culture with style” and created a new milk frother for coffee fans, the Aeroccino4.
The Aeroccino4 is more versatile and convenient than its predecessors. With two types of hot foam, hot milk and cold foam, the Aeroccino4 offers a wide choice to prepare more coffee and milk recipes at home in a simple way.
With one single whisk, one can now do all the preparations: pour in the milk and select the desired button to obtain a milk froth for a variety of recipes. The Aeroccino4 is also dishwasher proof to ease cleaning.
According to Nespresso, the Aeroccino4 offers the following key benefits and features:
- The Aeroccino4 provides the user with two types of hot milk froth (airy or dense) for even more incomparable recipes
- The Aeroccino4 is able to prepare a cold milk froth and hot milk preparation for your hot chocolate or caffé latte
- It uses a single whisk for all preparations
- It is dishwasher proof (below 70°C / 158°F)
- For hot or cold milk froth: 120 ml (for two Nespresso Cappuccino’s or one Latte Macchiato)
- For hot milk: 240 ml
- For hot milk froth: approximately 80 seconds
- For cold milk froth: approximately 80 seconds
- For hot milk: approximately 150 seconds
Nespresso also provided the following two ideal recipes to try out with the frother:
Milk Tart Coffee
- 1 Vanilio Grand Cru
- 2 Marie biscuits crushed
- 2tsp condensed milk
- Cinnamon for flavour
- 20ml Vanilla syrup
- Crush the Marie biscuits and place on a saucer. In another saucer place a touch of caramel syrup. Using the rim of your glass, swirl it around in the caramel syrup and then dip into the saucer with the crushed Marie biscuits.
- Add the 2tsp of condensed milk at the bottom of the glass.
- Place the 20ml of vanilla syrup into the Aeroccino4 milk frother using the spring whisk for your cappuccino.
- Once milk is done, pour it directly into a glass cappuccino cup on top of your mixture. Wait a few seconds for your froth and milk to separate and prepare the 40ml espresso Vanilio Grand Cru directly into cup.
- Sprinkle on some of the crushed Marie biscuits on top of the milk froth and sprinkle with cinnamon for decoration and taste.
Milk and Spiced Ice Coffee
- Capsules of either Ristretto or Decaffeinato Intenso Grand Cru (to produce 2.7 oz / 80 ml of Espresso coffee)
- A few tablespoons of crushed ice
- 5 oz / 150 ml of cold milk
- Ground cinnamon, nutmeg or chocolate shavings
- Tall recipe glass (12 oz/350 ml)
- Cappuccino cup (5.75 oz/170 ml)
- Prepare the Espresso in a Cappuccino cup and add sugar if desired
- Pour the preparation into a 12 oz/350 ml glass with the crushed ice
- Prepare 5 oz / 150 ml of cold milk froth using the Aeroccino4
- Add the milk to the iced coffee and top with a few spoonfuls of froth
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg or chocolate shavings to finish
The Aeroccino4 is available at the Nespresso Boutiques in Cape Town at the V & A Waterfront and at the Canal Walk Shopping Centre, in Johannesburg at Sandton City and Hyde Park Shopping Centre, and at Nespresso Gateway in Durban. It retails for R1450.
Huawei goes ultra-premium
Porsche Design and Huawei have launched the Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS in South Africa exclusive to MTN and retailing for R 26 459.
The Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS boasts features like the world’s first dual fingerprint design, including an in-screen fingerprint sensor, the world’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI) processor and Leica triple camera with 40MP image capture.
“After the overwhelming success of the Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Pro in South Africa, we now bring you our latest offering, a perfect blend of innovation in a smartphone and luxury design,” said Likun Zhao, Vice President of Huawei Consumer Business Group Southern Africa. “From three-point security feature including facial recognition, rear fingerprint scanner and the new innovative in-screen fingerprint to the Leica triple camera system. it culminates in an unprecedented experience for our customers.”
The device incorporates Porsche Design’s signature design language and Huawei’s breakthrough technology. The phone has a 6” 2K curved OLED screen and symmetrical look, minimalist feel and 8-edged 3D curved glass body.
High performance is symbolised by the naming of the smartphone: the term “RS” in the world of Porsche motorsport stands for outstanding racing performance.
Huawei provided the following information on The Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS benefits and features :
· The world’s first dual fingerprint scanner for enhanced convenience, allowing users to wake and unlock the device simply, thanks to an in-screen fingerprint sensor. Hover to wake the device, touch to unlock it
· The winning combination of Leica triple camera with 40MP RGB sensor technology and exceptional photography powered by Master AI. This combination puts effortless, eye-catching photography at the fingertips of those looking to immortalise their favourite moments. Combined with 5 x hybrid zoom, and the world’s first AI image stabilisation on a smartphone camera ensures photography lovers can capture the best shots with exceptional clarity in almost any situation
· The Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS is the first Huawei handset to allow quick wireless charging, making it even easier to keep the phone topped up and ready to go and, thanks to its long lasting battery, users will easily be powered through the busiest of days
· An ‘intelligent’ smartphone, the powerful AI processor automatically tailors the performance of the phone according to how it is used – constantly learning, understanding and anticipating needs, it is the perfect personal assistant for the pocket
· 256GB of internal storage means those constantly on the go and constantly on their phone can be worry free
· Dual SLS (super linear system) speakers with DOLBY ATMOS enable users to have a superior experience, with the best immersive surround sound and entertainment on the go
· Splash, water and dust resistant, which means there is no need to worry about damaging the device in the rain or accidentally dropping it in water
Jan Becker, CEO Porsche Design Group, said: “Both Porsche Design and Huawei seek to imagine and develop products that stand for precision and perfection, intelligent functionality and highly sophisticated design. Our aim was to create an outstanding device that goes one step further. We believe we have reached this goal by taking our partnership to the next level.”
Porsche Design and Huawei have worked in tandem to develop a smartphone that fuses together the two brands’ DNA, wealth of experience in design and technology, industry-leading expertise and exceptional performance. Through the use of colour in the device’s body, software themes and accessories, the new handset is accentuated with Porsche Design’s distinguished aesthetic and purist, minimalist feel.
The Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS will be available to purchase exclusively from MTN at R 26 459.
Cross-channel chat launched
Clickatell has launched a cross-channel live chat service, Touch Go, that transforms omni-channel customer care.
It enables live chat across a company’s website as well as social platforms (Twitter and Facebook) and mobile apps, bringing customer care and engagement into a single business platform.
“Today’s consumers expect to engage with your brand on the digital channel of their choosing,” says Deon van Heerden, Clickatell Engage CEO and Group CFO. “They want to message your business and instantly have queries resolved, find the information and services they are looking for, without the need for a voice call. Clickatell’s Touch Go makes that happen with the right level of capabilities for businesses of all sizes.”
Businesses can start using Touch Go immediately, with a free Starter option. Touch Go requires no credit card for sign-up and is fully featured with a simple setup process. It offers customisable branding, a unified chat desk business application as well as reports and analytics.
As the business scales up its digital customer care, it can opt-in for the Touch Enterprise offering. Touch Enterprise is designed for scaling up customer care efforts through advanced capabilities including AI driven virtual agents, sentiment analysis, automated workflows, enterprise integrations and in-channel mini-applications.
“Customer care has become a defining factor for sustained business success ” says Nirmal Nair, Clickatell Engage EVP Product & Marketing. “In an ever-increasing mobile native world, customers often choose to interact digitally, but they also expect to be able to reach a human immediately, should they need. Monitoring multiple channels and providing immediate action becomes challenging with siloed deployments. Touch’s unified solution allows businesses of all sizes to provide the customer delight in a simple modular approach.”